Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 'Curiosity' question
arkmanxx
post Sep 5 2006, 08:04 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,754

AA has a 914-6 Automatic for sale. He claims that only 4 were made. I know he's had this for quite some time

I am curious to your opinions of the Sportamatic transmission. I have heard that it is not necesaarily a good tranny.

I fully understand that the 'fun' in driving a 914 of any flavor, as with most others 'sports cars', is manually shifting through the gears.

I am not qualified to say whether AA's price on this is reasonable/unreasonable, but IMHO, I think it's kinda pricey. But then again, if there was truly only 4 made, then it would be considered ' a different collectable'.

Will the Automatic be as quick as the Standard? In the 1/4 as well as top end?

Is the Sportomatic serviceable, or is it a nightmare?

Were there any other differences on the Automatic besides the Sporto-matic?

Would anyone out there ever consider owning an Automatic?

Again, I'm only curious for your feedback

Thanks

Allan

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
arkmanxx   'Curiosity' question   Sep 5 2006, 08:04 AM
Root_Werks   I haven't gone to thier site or looked at the ...   Sep 5 2006, 08:07 AM
URY914   Shifting gears and workin' the clutch is part ...   Sep 5 2006, 08:56 AM
70Sixter   The car is written up in the August issue of Excel...   Sep 5 2006, 10:18 AM
Mueller   yes, it is very rare....I've never driven a sp...   Sep 5 2006, 10:28 AM
GeorgeRud   The Sportomatic had a microswitch in the shift lev...   Sep 5 2006, 05:19 PM
Spoke  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th May 2024 - 07:37 AM