Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> All Air Cooled Gathering Sept 17th, A fun day in Flanders New Jersey
dcheek
post Sep 13 2006, 06:38 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,103

The Central Jersey VW Society is having its second annual "All Air Cooled Gathering" in Flanders NJ on Sunday September 17th. Since I'm helping run the show I thought it would be nice to have some air cooler representation from fellow 914 owners. Last year we had about 90 cars (all VW's with the exception of one Corvair) on a miserable weather day. The weather report for Sunday is looking good so we expect a strong turnout. The venue is really unique in that its held at a private German Social Club with a beautiful full grass soccer field (actually several fields) along with German food and beer on tap. Yes, I did say beer is being served at the "club house" bar. This is a charity event where the proceeds will help a special needs child. There will also be some parts vendors (mostly VW) and prizes being raffled to raise money.

Now before you get you Q-tips all fired up I want to stress that this is real low key event with a very unstructured judging protocol. There will only be one trophy set aside for all Porsches. While this doesn't even come close to the caliber of a Porsche Zone Concours event, I'm trying my best to persuade the CJVWS officers to kick the judging up a notch and go at least 3 deep with the awards. That's not going to happen this year but, a decent turnout of air cooled 914's, or any air cooled Porsches for that matter, could persuade them to change next year. Just keep in mind that this is primarlily a VW event where all air cooled vehicles are invited.

If you're looking for a nice day out, German beer and food and help out with a good cause, make your way to Flanders on Sunday. Here is the Web Sight which has the directions and specifics:

http://www.allaircooledgathering.com/

Or you can E mail me any questions at:
dmcdavey@aol.com

Hope to see you there!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 02:08 AM