Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Trailing Arm Pickup Point Cracked
nbscooters
post Sep 15 2006, 02:52 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,347
Region Association: None

My 914 cracked from the pickup point on the undercar of the chassis. I drove the car like this for a while, but it got worse. I decided that I am not gonna risk my life anymore driving with this. I pulled the engine and trans morning to diagnose the problem.

I was wondering if anyone else here has run into this situation? If so, could you offer some advice in re-inforcing what very little metal is left. Even a picture of one of these welded up would be nice. Thanks

- Ricky

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
nbscooters   Trailing Arm Pickup Point Cracked   Sep 15 2006, 02:52 PM
brant   run some searches. its pretty common. especially w...   Sep 15 2006, 03:04 PM
nbscooters   AWESOME! I just got off the phone with Chris F...   Sep 15 2006, 03:31 PM
Lawrence   Check out these two classic threads: http://www.9...   Sep 15 2006, 04:05 PM
rdauenhauer   I am curious, does Cris Recommend using his ...   Sep 15 2006, 04:20 PM
Brad Roberts   Yeah.. whay he said! I dont even want to hear...   Sep 15 2006, 04:30 PM
SirAndy  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th May 2024 - 12:01 AM