Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Help Get a 3.2 running perfect, Hesitation and stumbling at 3500 rpms
Heeltoe914
post Sep 16 2006, 06:03 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,506

Well after a hard few weeks of trying to get two cars ready for the GAF event we are happy to say we made it, both 914 3.2L conversation cars rolled out the door for some fun with others. It was great to meet up with so many new and old friends from the 914club and friends from my racing days with POC.
On one car we know the history and had run the motor so we know everything about it, the other was a purchase that not even the seller could give much info about the motor. But after hours of hard work we got both cars running and running pretty good, Except for one problem that leads me to this question.
On my friends car the injector had clogged or gummed up from setting and all 6 had to be changed out, this made it run and idel pretty good but at 3500 –4000 rpms under load it has a steady hesitation or miss. We have tried all of the following with new or known good parts with no success at fixing the problem. And when you come to a stop it will die if you don’t catch it by giving it a little gas. Up to 3500 or so it runs strong. After 4200 rpms it run good. Turn the key let it sit it idels fine.

Changed ECU
Idel air meter
ECU relay
New fuel pump
Mass air flow meter
All wires checked about 3.5 ohms
New plugs cap and rotor.
Checked Grds and connection
Fuel pressure at 30-PSI average
Valve adj, done.
Changed out Coil

The next two items is the Throttle position sensor, and the Reference sensor.
Question; On the flywheel from Kennedy Engineering When the pulley & rotor are pointing to TDC the single pin that the Reference Sensor reads is about Two inches over from TDC, Should this matter?
Any tips from you guys on fixing the hesitation would help out. Thanks for the time.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Heeltoe914   Help Get a 3.2 running perfect   Sep 16 2006, 06:03 PM
kdfoust   My 3.2 also has a minor stumble at about 3k RPM. ...   Sep 17 2006, 01:03 AM
Heeltoe914   Thanks Kevin we will check that. What is the ISCV?   Sep 17 2006, 11:47 AM
JOHNMAN   If you haven't already guessed ISCV = Idle Sta...   Sep 17 2006, 11:58 AM
kdfoust  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th May 2024 - 02:48 PM