Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Carbon Fiber Front Clip, For sale
groot
post Sep 20 2006, 10:52 AM
Post #1

Dis member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,444

Okay, several people have asked about getting these front clips... here's the breakdown:

Front Clip Option 1
-Opaque gelcoat finish (ready to paint) made mostly of fiberglass, with some carbon for strength
-Please select grey, white or black
-Cost $490 plus $50 for tooling recovery*

Front Clip Option 2
-Vacuum infused, clear finish made of 3 layers (6K, 11.4oz twill weave carbon, 1/8" core material for infustion, and carbon/kevlar hybrid twill
-Cost $785 plus $50 for tooling recovery*
Attached Image

Splitter Option (not required and can be mounted to other front clips, provided they have a level mounting surface)
-Carbon fiber, leading edge is reinforced with extra layers of carbon fiber
-Reduces ride height clearance, splitter's overall thickness is slightly over 3/8", (.390") (on my car this splitter sits 2" from the ground, while the front donuts are 3.5" from the ground)
-Care should be taken to mount this as level as possible for maximum benefit
-Cost $280

Shipping-required for all options (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
-Figure between $80 and $180 for shipping using FEDEX Freight, must be shipped to a loading dock or can be picked up at a FEDEX Freight facility

Timing
-Please allow 2 weeks for construction
-Orders can start IMMEDIATELY

* Tooling recovery-This cost is meant to recover part of the money that I used to initiate this project including: purchasing the original air dam, shipping, constructing the tool and constructing the mold

Place the orders through me and I'll work with Mike Cudahy of Prototype Composites to get you the parts.

Here's a pic of the clip and splitter installed on my car:
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
groot   Carbon Fiber Front Clip   Sep 20 2006, 10:52 AM
trekkor   That looks fantastic!! :clap: KT   Sep 20 2006, 12:00 PM
brant   I like the new paint Kevin. the car looks amazing...   Sep 20 2006, 02:00 PM
groot   Thanks, Brant... it's come a long way.... I...   Sep 20 2006, 04:13 PM
brant   Thats awesome Kevin! good job! brant   Sep 20 2006, 10:48 PM
nebreitling   that car is exceptionally hot.   Sep 20 2006, 11:05 PM
hars914   How is it mounted?? Does it have brackets molded i...   Sep 21 2006, 05:21 AM
groot   The clip is only the shell, so one must devise the...   Sep 21 2006, 05:48 AM
groot   Contact information.... e-mail or PM is the best ...   Sep 21 2006, 06:11 AM
Brad Roberts   Thanks Kevin :clap: You have done a top notch jo...   Sep 21 2006, 05:17 PM
mbdoc   Kevin, Are you still offering the front clip in ca...   Dec 3 2006, 12:33 PM
groot   Yes, they are.... The part should take only a few...   Dec 3 2006, 02:09 PM
mbdoc  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd May 2024 - 02:27 AM