Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> factory 914/8 in 1972 ????
SirAndy
post Mar 3 2003, 06:25 PM
Post #1

Resident German

Group: Admin
Member No.: 179
Region Association: Northern California

just went to jeff's 914 collection:

http://members.rennlist.com/914_collectibles/

and went to the "914 Rare German Documents" section
where he has a paper about tire/rim-sizes for the different
914 versions. on top of the lists, it says:

914/6 (1970 - 72)
914/8 (1972)

which indicates that there were factory /8 in 1972 !!!???!!!

Andy
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Bleyseng
post Mar 4 2003, 07:15 PM
Post #2

Aircooled Baby!

Group: Members
Member No.: 24
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

In English:

The further ascent in things "Vopo" is enough already into the range of the superlative and is called Porsche 916. The fact that I do not lie so wrongly with my dream car points the choice to the classical author of the monthly the engine classical period reader  kuerten with 65,3 per cent of the voices clearly the 916 to the winner. Only eleven times built, with 190 HP motorized and without disturbing VOLKSWAGEN in the type designation, vigorous 916 for me could be already a dream car - gaeb's not there still another further increase. The end of the Volkswagen Porsche flag bar is only reached with the 914/8, with which we would be with my dream car. Purely optically the 914/8 represent 916 opposite that a backward step, but but gibt's under the central hood an armament, which inspires simply. Not four, not six, but eight air-cooled cylinders lauern before the rear axle. I am safe: this car would have confessed to the choice, the readers would have selected my dream car. By a "people Porsche" indeed the speech cannot be with this car. Only two copies left the Porsche work - more exclusively geht's hardly. The first 914/8 were built second for Ferdinand Piech, at that time Porsche development boss (today AUDI chairmen of the board), got Ferry Porsche to its 60sten birthday given. Both are propelled by a competition engine from the 908-Rennwagen, which already releases reverence at the bare sight. Eineiige of twins are not the two 1969 built Super-914 nevertheless. Piech figure eight, which is located today in the Porsche museum and was allowed with which I one day long driving impressions to collect, is the older of both. It was developed 1969 for pure experimental purposes, over - as Porsche museum boss Peter Schneider describes - "the borders of the central engine conception  aufzuzeigen". The fact that it concerns with this car also the more poisonous version was me naturally only quite - if already, because already. Only a series exhaust zuegelt the three-litre running aggregate on 300 HP with 7500/min, in order to be allowed to move the Bestie also over public roads. Only equipped with a flame tube, the engine turns still more highly and puts with 8500U/min enormous 350 HP on the crankshaft. The Geburtstagsgratulanten Ferry Porsche did not want to zumuten so a drehorgel 1969. Its figure eight was throttled by zahmere cam shafts, valve caps and four webers double carburetors with sucking in noise suppression on 260 HP. Beyond that the clients let the Targa roof exchange against a steel roof and weld it firmly. Otherwise the birthday Porsche differs only in some details (oil cooler opening and gas cap outside) of a Serien-914/6. To the car Ferry Porsche received a personal manual, in which it means: "driving you the cars prefers with engine speeds between 3500/min and 7500/min. In order to prevent a contamination of the candles in the city enterprise, one recommends, to be moveable the engine occasionally." That did Ferry Porsche with security repeatedly times, because he put back with his 914/8 over 10,000 kilometers, natural I before my test run with the Piech Porsche with this projectile had intensively been occupied. Differently than its zahmes counterpart, this car from a Vorserien-914 developed. It is turn signal blinkerglaesern and a larger outside mirror equipped with double headlights, others. In addition the head restraints are missing in the interior. Also some equipment characteristics in the Interieur, like for example the wood-framed armatures, deviate slightly from the series. Eyecatcher number one is the tachometer handing to 10,000 revolutions. On the left and on the right beside it the completely normal 914/6-lnstrumentierung sits; completely on the left of a further reference to the fact that in the engine compartment explosive does: a bang-red switch for the fire-extinguishing system. Further switches for interrupting the electric circuits and for the controlling of the fuel injection system are accommodated on the center console. The chassis is in such a way laid out with harder shock absorbers as well as titanium feathers/springs that it still bears brutal motorizing straight. And also the Bere
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
SirAndy   factory 914/8 in 1972 ????   Mar 3 2003, 06:25 PM
Jeroen   I think it saiz "916, 914/6 (1972)" That 6 just lo...   Mar 3 2003, 06:44 PM
SirAndy     Mar 3 2003, 06:50 PM
Jeroen   for the 8+9 wheel combo, I think they are referrin...   Mar 3 2003, 07:44 PM
Jeff Bowlsby   I just checked the source document... It clearly ...   Mar 3 2003, 11:49 PM
SirAndy     Mar 4 2003, 12:19 PM
olav   Andy, Post a translation or a link to the site so...   Mar 4 2003, 12:51 PM
SirAndy   some blah blah about 914's plus a more interes...   Mar 4 2003, 07:00 PM
Bleyseng   In English: The further ascent in things "Vopo"...   Mar 4 2003, 07:15 PM
Bleyseng   Babel Fish Translation   Help In English: ...   Mar 4 2003, 07:19 PM
SirAndy   thank you sir :)   Mar 5 2003, 12:25 PM
Bleyseng   There are lots of words that don't translate l...   Mar 5 2003, 04:45 PM
SirAndy   <...   Mar 5 2003, 06:16 PM
Dave_Darling   Double-double headlights. Must be talking about t...   Mar 5 2003, 06:30 PM
Bleyseng   This is the car tested with 908 engine   Mar 5 2003, 06:38 PM
Jeroen   Both cars had the 908 engine The Piech (red) car h...   Mar 5 2003, 06:53 PM
Bleyseng   Jeroen, do you have that link to where the recent ...   Mar 5 2003, 07:14 PM
Jeroen   Hey Geoff, You prolly mean this link... cheers, ...   Mar 5 2003, 07:24 PM
Bleyseng   Yes, that link, thanks. This has to be the firs...   Mar 5 2003, 08:03 PM
echocanyons   are these the inner door locks in this pic?http://...   Mar 5 2003, 08:11 PM
echocanyons   Do the buckets in the red 914-8 look alot like spe...   Mar 5 2003, 08:14 PM
Brad Roberts   That's what it looks like to me.. doorlocks li...   Mar 5 2003, 09:33 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 08:45 PM