Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> D-JET HELP Fuel Line Routing and Injector pulse wiring, Passenger side injectors not spraying at all - BONE DRY!
ptravnic
post Oct 2 2006, 07:38 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 747
Region Association: None

Fresh top end rebuild. Initial start & tuning. 1.7L D-Jet. Question about fuel line routing:

Does the fuel first pump through the pressure regulator? Lines come into the engine bay on the passenger side, snake over to the pressure regulator ---> then to the driver's side rail ---> then to the cold start valve attached to the front of the plenum ---> then to the passenger side fuel rail ---> then to the return line... I'm 99.9% positive this is the correct route but but with things not working quite right I want to neave no stone unturned...

Injectors are freshly cleaned/flow tested from Wichhunter.

The freshly rebuilt engine labors to start. Driver's side chambers are firing A-OK, passenger side is getting spark but no fuel flowing from the injectors. Checked one of the plugs and the passenger side has never seen combustion. Spark plug is as fresh and clean as when it was bought.

I had a wire pull out of the plastic plug that goes into the front side of the distributor (from the wiring harness). That was fixed by jamming the wire back in the plastic plug and keeping it in place w/silicone rubber. It's a low tech fix all 3 wires have continuity all the way through to the end of the plastic (where it plugs into the distributor).

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
ptravnic   D-JET HELP Fuel Line Routing and Injector pulse wiring   Oct 2 2006, 07:38 AM
Brian Mifsud   Look at Dave Darling's drawing. I plumbed my ...   Oct 2 2006, 07:45 AM
Jeff Bowlsby   If BOTH your cyl 3+4 injectors are not firing, che...   Oct 2 2006, 08:47 AM
ptravnic  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2024 - 07:04 AM