Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Houston... we have a problem. Could be the end of my FFC run, not sure what to look at now
tdgray
post Oct 3 2006, 07:38 AM
Post #1

Thank God Nemo is not here to see this

Group: Members
Member No.: 984
Region Association: None

OK so last weekend I changed out my injectors with some known good injectors. The old ones looked very bad and I was thinking that they were the cause of my running rich. I also went back to a colder plug (NGK) as I was worried about running the Bosch Plats figuring they were too hot.

Well it appears that did not fix the problem. I think I loaded up the plugs again (wife is bringing SP wrench and old plats to me at lunch time). Car was bucking and missing all over the place. Barely made it to work. All wires are connected injectors firing good spark to all cylinders etc.

If I can't figure this out I am not going to risk a 200 + mile trip.

Here is what I know is good or what I've done do far.

MPS is good - holds vac rebuilt by Geoff.

Cold start valve unhooked and bypassed

Injectors changed to known good injectors.

All vac hoses are brand new.

Ignition is pertronix with a pertonix coil. Car starts up immediatley.

Good fuel pressure - right at 29 lbs. Inline gauge never waivers.

What am I missing... this thing is still puking black smoke occasionally and smells very rich.

Where should I look now. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
tdgray   Houston... we have a problem. Could be the end of my FFC run   Oct 3 2006, 07:38 AM
drewvw   CHT sensor jumped out at me. Have the wife get yo...   Oct 3 2006, 07:43 AM
tdgray   Forgot to add that one to the list. CHT is brand ...   Oct 3 2006, 07:46 AM
SGB   I've got carbs, so this is a stretch, but you ...   Oct 3 2006, 07:47 AM
bd1308   Trigger points...I'll find a good set of mine ...   Oct 3 2006, 07:51 AM
tdgray   Good suggestion Britt. Thats one place I have not...   Oct 3 2006, 08:27 AM
Bartlett 914  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 05:42 AM