Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> "Tubbed" trailing arms, Pics
Brad Roberts
post Mar 12 2003, 01:29 AM
Post #21

914 Freak!

Group: Members
Member No.: 8
Region Association: None

Timo,

Do you have this together ?? I would like to see some inside fenderwell shots with your tires mounted and the car on the ground.

We run 225/50's on seven in. rims under the rear (roll fender lip)

B
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
meursault
post Mar 12 2003, 02:51 AM
Post #22

Idjit Savant

Member No.: 355

Okay, back on the axle subject, I see what Timo means about the bus CVs being a little wide for the splines on the 914 axle shaft. I checked it out myself. I suppose you could turn the shaft on a lathe with a carbide(?) bit and then maybe reharden the axle to use it after modifying it in such a way. What I'm not finding out for myself is what Brad was saying about the SC drive flange being too long to use with 911 hubs. I haven't pulled out any SC stub axles yet, but the hubs on the late trailing arms I've looked at don't seem any deeper than the early stuff. I might be just looking at 74-77 trailing arms. I know Porsche changed over to the smaller CVs in 73. I thought that everything else relating to halfshafts remained pretty much the same since. Were you talking about drive flanges on the transmission itself, Brad? I was thinking I'd just go with stock 914 stuff on that side if nothing else. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)
+Quote Post
Brad Roberts
post Mar 12 2003, 03:16 AM
Post #23

914 Freak!

Member No.: 8
Region Association: None

Nope. I was referring to the control arm. 69-72 drive flanges (with the studs) slide right into the 914 wheel bearing. The later 911 drive flanges utilize a wider bearing. They go in, but you end up with 4-5 mm worth of drive flange not touching the 914 bearing. I'll try and get pics of this later today when I'm at the shop.

B
+Quote Post
914Timo
post Mar 12 2003, 03:31 AM
Post #24

Member No.: 137
Region Association: Europe

Do you have this together ?? I would like to see some inside fenderwell shots with your tires mounted and the car on the ground.

No, not yet. I have measured all with my old 7x15 911R Fuchs (ET 49mm) and 205/50 tires. I needed to use about 12mm wide spacers with those whees. That means that the real ET was about 37mm. There were no chance to add an other 14mm thick spacer to get the ET 23mm, which is the ET in 7 inch wide 911 wheels. There were no room for that.
+Quote Post
Dave_Darling
post Mar 12 2003, 11:53 AM
Post #25

914 Idiot

Member No.: 121
Region Association: Northern California

Hmm. The only other 914 I've seen with 911R wheels could not fit 205s under his stock fenders.

Then again, we all know that 914s vary slightly from car to car...

--DD
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd May 2024 - 10:21 AM