Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Yet another electrical problem, erratic flashers, with a twist
scottz0369
post Oct 5 2006, 10:52 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,894

Here's one I couldn't find with a search---

I think I have a flasher relay problem, but I'm not positive--My blinkers/brake warning light flash extremely rapidly and erratically--sounds like a relay issue except for this--they work just fine when I have jumper cables attached. The battery was completely dead yesterday (one minute after starting normally). One minute the car turned over fine, the next there wasn't even a click. After I jumped it is when I got the flashing problem.

I'm not sure if this is one problem, or many. My battery reads 10.6 volts at the terminals--driving it for a half-hour at speed didn't do a darn thing for it. It has been sitting since February, so it may well be a bad battery. The auto shop on base here will have a new battery tomorrow for me, and with luck, the local auto shop (there's not much out here--29 palms is the end of the road) will have a relay.

I hope the battery/relay are two seperate problems that happened to come up at the same time, but I'm suspicious of the timing......

ah, the adventure of having a 34 year old car. There's never a dull moment!

Scott
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
scottz0369   Yet another electrical problem   Oct 5 2006, 10:52 PM
jk76.914   Hi Scott, I'd fix the voltage problem first, ...   Oct 6 2006, 05:46 AM
Spoke   10.6V is very low. Was this during running or befo...   Oct 6 2006, 10:02 AM
Dr Evil   Clean, clean, clean your connections. Sounds like ...   Oct 6 2006, 02:40 PM
So.Cal.914   Your voltage is to low, one thing you can do to ch...   Oct 6 2006, 05:21 PM
Dr Evil  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 10:23 AM