Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Northern California Road Racing, Running at Sears Pt., Laguna, and T-Hill
dgale914
post Mar 5 2003, 02:51 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 395
Region Association: Northern California

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif) If you're driving a 914 in California and you want to get some great quality time on the track at Laguna Seca, Sears Point, Thunderhill, or Buttonwillow, check out this group/club! Members rides, future events, driver education (SCCA instructors), and more. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) Additional Laguna and Buttonwillow dates will be posted within the next week, so keep checking for updates if you have one of those two tracks in mind.

It's a great group, multi marque, not snobby, and all about lots of track time under safe conditions for you and your car.

Check it out!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
dgale914
post Mar 6 2003, 03:00 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 395
Region Association: Northern California

I noticed a few quesitons since I posted this topic so I'll try to answer them in a single relpy...

1. So we have LOT'S of NASA converts within our group. The NASA experience that one of you mentioned is pretty typical. 'Un-organized, unsafe and too many cars' seems to be the concensus as you walk around the paddock and talk to 1st timers at a NCRC event. We are all about safety for you and your car with Maximum track time! Our run groups vary from track to track but typically consist of 12 to 16 cars at T-Hill and maybe about 20 or so at Sears or Laguna. Sears and Laguna are more expensive tracks to rent so we run a few more cars to keep everyone's cost down.

2. Roll Bars - None needed for 914's. I don't run with one yet. All you need is factory(or better) seatbelts and a SNELL 90 or newer helmet.

3. Yes, it would be nice to see a few more 914's out there - I feel so alone sometimes! Let's get some of you guys out to an event. We have numerous T-Hill dates this year, Laguna events, and also have a Thursday/Friday at ButtonWillow in early October. (some of which are not posted on our site yet (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mueba.gif)

Let's do it! Check our event list and let's talk.

Doug
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th May 2024 - 02:23 AM