Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Aftermarket mufflers - the noise factor, Factory vs. Bursch vs. Triad...
Lavanaut
post Oct 12 2006, 05:13 PM
Post #1

Hungry Mind : Thirsty Gullet

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,265
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Hi all,

I'm looking at swapping out the factory muffler on my '74 2.0. I've read through every exhaust-related topic on the board I could find and came up with a ton of useful information. Based on that information I'm leaning towards a twin tip from Triad. Still I'm left with one concern, and that's the noise factor. Posting a question like, "Hey guys, how loud is the Triad compared to the Bursch compared to the stock muffler?" elicits good-willed responses like "It's louder/better/not that much louder/deeper/throatier/meaner", etc...but that's all in the ear of the beerholder. I'm wondering if anyone out there has or has seen any data, in the form of decibel level comparisons, on some popular aftermaket muffler options? I did see the one on the Triad website, but it didn't really have enough information to do a comparison.

At this point I've narrowed it down to either the Bursch or Triad, so that's what I'm most interested in seeing. I'm sure if this info were readily available I would have come across it in the forums already...figured there's no harm in asking though.

If I lived in SoCal or the like probably just ask if anyone would let me hear their triad/bursch, but the 914s seem to be few and far between up here in Bend, OR....

Anyways, thanks in advance!

Reid
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Lavanaut   Aftermarket mufflers - the noise factor   Oct 12 2006, 05:13 PM
McMark   I've never heard of any decibel comparisons. ...   Oct 12 2006, 06:29 PM
drgchapman   :agree: The Triad has a great finish, looks good...   Oct 12 2006, 07:04 PM
thomasotten   Ok, which one sounds less like a bus? :popcorn:   Oct 12 2006, 07:38 PM
JmuRiz  
  Oct 12 2006, 11:47 PM
robby750   I would guess it's about the same as a stock m...   Oct 12 2006, 11:51 PM
bd1308   and you're going to sell it to me real cheap, ...   Oct 13 2006, 12:48 AM
sportlicherFahrer   RockinOldSchool has a Bursch on his car, and I had...   Oct 13 2006, 02:30 AM
blitZ   I have the dual tip Triad and really like it. It ...   Oct 13 2006, 05:15 AM
Lavanaut  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 08:53 AM