Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Auto cross Allignment-, how are you set up and how do you like it?
Brad Roberts
post Oct 17 2006, 12:12 AM
Post #21

914 Freak!

Group: Members
Member No.: 8
Region Association: None

JP,

I said:
Yes some tires work better with more or less but it all comes down to how hard the owner of said tires pushes them.

Does this not "agree" with what you said:
The actual fact is that some tires like more camber than others

??

You also said Nate liked to run low pressures. I didnt/dont and still needed -3.0-3.25 on the same tire on the same width rim. I ran em 40 hot for AutoX.

B
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Oct 17 2006, 08:59 AM
Post #22

Apex killer!

Member No.: 3,380
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Oct 16 2006, 11:12 PM) *

JP,

I said:
Yes some tires work better with more or less but it all comes down to how hard the owner of said tires pushes them.

Does this not "agree" with what you said:
The actual fact is that some tires like more camber than others

??

You also said Nate liked to run low pressures. I didnt/dont and still needed -3.0-3.25 on the same tire on the same width rim. I ran em 40 hot for AutoX.

B

Mine are -2 front -2.5 rear if I recall correctly. I have to look up my other settings because I don't like my turn in effort. It "feels" too heavy. My car is not as low as Dan. I have a perfect corner balance. After the last event of the year in November I will have it redone. Ron Kain at IPB does the set up for me. As far as tire pressure is concerned, I think it is as much a suspension setting as the others and tire brand dependent. I like more, but not as much as Brad. Maybe 36 hot.

On a slight hijack, is that a smile on Brad's face in the avatar? I don't think Brad has smiled in a couple of years... Life must be better.
+Quote Post
nebreitling
post Oct 17 2006, 10:01 AM
Post #23

Member Emeritus

Member No.: 478

Mine are -2 front -2.5 rear if I recall correctly. I have to look up my other settings because I don't like my turn in effort. It "feels" too heavy. My car is not as low as Dan. I have a perfect corner balance.

check your toe. if at 0 toe it's still too heavy, you may consider taking some out some caster.
+Quote Post
Brad Roberts
post Oct 17 2006, 11:19 AM
Post #24

914 Freak!

Took me awhile to figure out how to get more caster in the Boxster. It required pushing out a bushing on the lower control arm and re-clocking it so another control arm that comes into it, mounts and pushes the arm farther forward.

Net = more caster by pushing the bottom of the control arm forward.

GT3 arms have two bolt provisions for more caster. Both arms can have the bushing pushed out and re-clocked for more or less caster.

Brad smiling.. YES. Real job that challenges me daily and the bills are getting paid off as fast as I can. I found someone who is goofy like me and sarcastic like me. She has a type A personality that fits very well with me. She will be driving soon!! 5'10 130lb brown eyed blonde!!

B

+Quote Post
Brad Roberts
post Oct 17 2006, 11:22 AM
Post #25

914 Freak!

Rob,

please tell Ron Kain I said hello. He is one of the fastest 914 drivers in NorCal. I missed a call from him a few weeks back and havent returned it. Ron and I used to be accused of being "brothers" when we ran track events up north. He is a stand up guy who does great work. I wish I could have seen his new building before I moved south.

B
+Quote Post
nebreitling
post Oct 17 2006, 11:36 AM
Post #26

Member Emeritus

Member No.: 478

Brad smiling.. YES.

he looks kinda goofy to me, actually.

can ya feel the love?? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumb3d.gif)
+Quote Post
Brad Roberts
post Oct 17 2006, 11:48 AM
Post #27

914 Freak!

Sure! I can feel the love from my redneck brother from another mother (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

Let me know when you come down to run Buttonwillow kart track. I'll show up and help out.

B
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Oct 18 2006, 12:38 AM
Post #28

Apex killer!

QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Oct 17 2006, 10:22 AM) *

Rob,

please tell Ron Kain I said hello. He is one of the fastest 914 drivers in NorCal. I missed a call from him a few weeks back and havent returned it. Ron and I used to be accused of being "brothers" when we ran track events up north. He is a stand up guy who does great work. I wish I could have seen his new building before I moved south.

B

Brad,
Will do. I see him probably twice a week or so. You two actually do sort of look alike. I plan on luring him out to an autocross this year if I can get him away from the wife for a day, maybe she would come too?
He turned me on to my new (old) taildragger. '84 Carrera with 55K miles from two obsessive PO's Every record and even a Rubbermaid tub full of parts that had been taken off and replaced. I guess they wanted me to have the originals? Factory sport wheel, Factory manuals, original suspension parts replaced with Turbo... Body 9.5 Interior 9.5 Mechanical 9.5. Yum yum... put 500 miles on her last weekend. What a ride.
+Quote Post
Brad Roberts
post Oct 18 2006, 10:38 AM
Post #29

914 Freak!

He had his daughter in Karts for awhile, is she still doing that? Hard to balance a family and racing..and business.. and ecomm business... he had a lot going. Worse than me!!

The Carrera sounds nice! I'll be up soon for events.

B
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Oct 19 2006, 12:08 AM
Post #30

Apex killer!

QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Oct 18 2006, 09:38 AM) *

He had his daughter in Karts for awhile, is she still doing that? Hard to balance a family and racing..and business.. and ecomm business... he had a lot going. Worse than me!!

The Carrera sounds nice! I'll be up soon for events.

B

Brad,
I spoke with Ron today. He was totally charged that I had spoken to you. He wants you to call or email... Let me know if you need digits or an email address. Your "brother" misses you. He has a ride in my car at any autocross event he wants to drive in. He just has no time.
Rob
+Quote Post
Brad Roberts
post Oct 19 2006, 11:56 AM
Post #31

914 Freak!

Thanks Rob!

Ron and I have always gotten along very well. I'll give him a call before the weekend. I need to find out what he is up too.

B
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th May 2024 - 07:53 AM