Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> OT just bought a 2007 Prius, better car than I thought it would be
DanT
post Oct 16 2006, 10:26 PM
Post #1

Going back to the Dark Side!

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,880
Region Association: None

got one of the first 2007 with the new Touring edition package in Norcal.

It thus far is much better all around car than I thougt it would be.
First tank of fuel went 44.1MPG with brake in procedures and lots of driving in the foothills of the Sierras. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

I am more than pleased since we are just starting to figure out how to get the most out of the hybrid system.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(20 - 25)
highways
post Oct 17 2006, 08:55 PM
Post #21

Member No.: 4,296

With the conversion- you get a true 100mpg- driving at highway speeds. 120 if you finess it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumb3d.gif)
+Quote Post
Joseph Mills
post Oct 17 2006, 09:03 PM
Post #22

on a Sonoma diet now...

Member No.: 39

QUOTE(Dan (Almaden Valley) @ Oct 17 2006, 09:48 PM) *

I am getting the hang of getting it to run on electic motor only around town. You must drive very softly with regard to the accelerator...
But it is possible....lots of fun watching the instant mileage numbers peg at 99.9MPG when running on electricity.

Those are some of the things they enjoy about it also. The car creates it's own singular form of motoring entertainment.

Another aquaintance just bought a Versa. I drove it a bit. Not as nice as the Prius.

+Quote Post
VaccaRabite
post Oct 18 2006, 10:35 AM
Post #23

En Garde!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,435
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

My wife just bought an 07 Prius, just before the Oct 1 deadline for the tax benefit ran out. Last week she took off work so I drove it for my 90 mile a day commute.

I _HATED_ it.

Sure, the gas saving were appearent. But the rest of the car...

The beeper that beeps on the insode when you are backing up. The backup camera. I think the backup camera is the worst idea ever. Now erin just watches that damned screen when she is backing up. No perepheral vision of what is heading towards her. And she can't hear anyhting over the damn backup beeper. It would make sence if the beeper was outside too, but its not.

Its also very distracting to have to dig into a digital touch pad for things like the radio and climate control. Give em a knob that I can turn wthout taking my eyes off the road.

The slab sides get pushed around toomuch in the wind. There is no road feel through the steering wheel. The car has an annoying high pitched whine.

I hate the car.

Zach
+Quote Post
DanT
post Oct 18 2006, 10:09 PM
Post #24

Going back to the Dark Side!

Member No.: 2,880

to each his own. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)
My car has steering wheel mounted controls for just about everything on the Multi-function display...so you rarely need to take your eyes from the road.
I got the touring edition that has upgraded wheels, tires, shocks, springs and sway bars. Handles nicely for what it is.....an economy car.
Makes noises just like any car....just different than you are used to in a "normal" car.
It has it's idiosyncracies just like a 914 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) or 911 or...."fill in the blank"

By the way the tax benefit did not "run out" on Oct. 1. It was reduced and will continue to decrease every few months until it completely disappears in 9 month or so....forgot the actual dates.
+Quote Post
grantsfo
post Oct 18 2006, 11:25 PM
Post #25

Arrrrhhhh!

Member No.: 433

I prefer the Yaris. $15K less, 40 MPG +, and you can race the Yaris. The Prius is more grown up and a very nice car however.

(IMG:http://netz-fls.broadbandgw.ne.jp/race/img/top_main.jpg)
+Quote Post
cobra94563
post Oct 18 2006, 11:41 PM
Post #26

Chris

Member No.: 3,696

Forget the mileage and how it looks, the bonus for commuters is being in the carpool lane.

"Ahhh-nold" signed the bill to add 10,000 more HOV exemptions and extends the perk to 2011!

I should let you all know I had to decide between my 914 project and the c2. C2 is now up for sale... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th May 2024 - 11:18 AM