Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Fuel pump wiring
fall-apart-dave
post Oct 18 2006, 11:37 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,898

OK here's where I get really dumb. As some of you know, I'm halfway through a 914 conversion in my 1969 VW Baja Bug. The type 1 VW engine I took out had a mechanical fuel pump fitted in the engine. The 914 replacement engine is running twin carbs instead of the injector system, and as you all will know has an electric fuel pump rather than a mechanical one like the T1. My question to you is this.

How do I wire in the fuel pump? My initial idea was to wire it in with the + side of the coil so that it kills when I kill the engine. However, this would mean that the fuel pump is running whenever I turn on the ignition, which I fear might flood the engine unless I start the engine immediately. Because the T1 fuel pump was mechanical it only pumped when the engine was turning. Does the same apply to the electric pump? If so, how do I wire it up so that it only pumps when the engine is turning?

Cheers guys!

Fall Apart Dave

PS

Other than that, project going VERY well!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
fall-apart-dave   Fuel pump wiring   Oct 18 2006, 11:37 AM
SirAndy  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 10:42 PM