Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Call out to Raleigh NC Teeners, trying to set up a local network
jdogg
post Oct 19 2006, 09:19 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 204

This is a call out to all Teeners in the greater Raleigh NC area. We are trying to set up a network of local teener owners for parts (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welder.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sawzall-smiley.gif) , advice (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif) , get togethers (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) or (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif) and general BS (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) .

Post here or email your contact info to:

jason at cmppls dot com

There are 4 (including me) that I know of right now:

Jason Panciera (me) '74 2.4 -6 conversion (Youngsville/Wake Forest)
Robert Plank '76 2.0/'80 911SC (North Raleigh)
Richard Casto '72 -6 conversion..long term project (RTP)
Ben Thomas '74 2.0 (Cary)

Who else is out there??? Come on, Chapel Hill, Durham, Fayetteville, Greensboro....where are you guys???
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
JMPVW73
post Oct 19 2006, 10:38 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 7,033

Thats quite a stretch for me but I'd like to meet some people around upstate SC with 914's. The only people I have found so far are ones that used to own them.

I will be around your area 10/22 for the Fast Times at Farmington VW show. I'd love to see you come out, show your car and/or let me take a ride in it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)
http://www.sevwa.com/thefarm.htm
+Quote Post
Richard Casto
post Oct 19 2006, 11:52 AM
Post #3

Blue Sky Motorsports, LLC

Member No.: 4,523
Region Association: South East States

Jason,

Hey, you know I am in!

You know more of the local 914 owners than myself. There is the guy that works at the Transporter Werks in Raleigh (I think his name is Gary) that has a 914 that he drives occasionally and I think he also has another 914 widebody that he is working on at the shop. Don't know if he is a member here or not. When I visited the shop a few months back, they had a 914 on a rotisserie and I can’t remember who the owner was, but it was someone local and I didn’t recognize the name.

The http://www.frappr.com/914club/ site shows a guy in Chapel Hill and a few more farther out from Raleigh. Might try PMing a few of them. I recently joined PCA and the newsletters list a few 914 owners including a guy who apparently runs Targa Newfoundland in his 914! I am guessing that many of the PCA crowd are not as much into DIY a deeply as most people here, so they may not be members on this forum.
+Quote Post
BenNC
post Oct 19 2006, 12:15 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 267

Hey guys,

I e-mailed Gary and Frank (guy from Craigslist). I don't think that they are on this board.
+Quote Post
jdogg
post Oct 19 2006, 02:44 PM
Post #5

Richard-
You've been in! Loaning me those axles so I could finish the weekend at VIR is what this contact list is all about, a way us locals can pool our resources!!
Thanks for pointing out Gary, had forgotten him. I'll call TW and get his contact info.
Let's try to bump this thing and keep it on the front page for a few days to see whose attention we can grab.

Ben-
Is there anyone else you can think of out your way?
+Quote Post
jdogg
post Oct 19 2006, 06:57 PM
Post #6

Richard-
My new axles came today...are you running the last AX? Where is it going to be?
+Quote Post
jmcguffin
post Oct 19 2006, 06:59 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 322

I'm over in Chapel Hill with a '76 pulled down for a freshen up. Guess I need to get it finished in the near future so we can meet up.

Cheers,

Jim McGuffin
+Quote Post
jdogg
post Oct 20 2006, 05:55 AM
Post #8

QUOTE(jmcguffin @ Oct 19 2006, 08:59 PM) *

I'm over in Chapel Hill with a '76 pulled down for a freshen up. Guess I need to get it finished in the near future so we can meet up.

Cheers,

Jim McGuffin

Jim-
Great to hear from you!! Email or PM me your contact info, numbers, etc with a little info on your car. And get crackin' on that car!
+Quote Post
Richard Casto
post Oct 20 2006, 01:55 PM
Post #9

QUOTE(jdogg @ Oct 19 2006, 08:57 PM) *

Richard-
My new axles came today...are you running the last AX? Where is it going to be?

It's at Sanford, but I am not going to be there. No rush getting them back unless they are taking up space at your place. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) Probably best thing is for me to drop by your office around lunch sometime (Wake Forest right?) and pick them up. I work downtown Raleigh, so a lunch trip wouldn't be that long. We can work out a date sometime in the next few weeks.
+Quote Post
Richard Casto
post Oct 20 2006, 02:01 PM
Post #10

QUOTE(jmcguffin @ Oct 19 2006, 08:59 PM) *

Cheers,

Jim McGuffin

Jim, No need to wait until the car is finished. If I did that, I might be a few years before I am able to see anyone. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Mine looks nearly like my avatar!! I am pulling it all apart so I can do some work and eventually repaint it. I am down to the gas tank, dash and wiring.
+Quote Post
BenNC
post Oct 20 2006, 02:25 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 267

Yeah, we should probably make it clear that a running 914 is not a prerequisite.

Based upon what I know about the folks that have responded so far, Jason is the oddball runner. I have no idea how he keeps track of his jackstands if they're not firmly secured under the car.

If you guys need to do a quick transfer of axles, I'll be up Jason's way Saturday and I work in Durham.
+Quote Post
stepuptotheMike
post Oct 20 2006, 03:14 PM
Post #12

medium pimpin

Member No.: 6,769

I'm down in the Charlotte area (South Carolina side). It's nice to know who is in the mid-atlantic/southeast.

I have a 76 that I'm pulling apart to combat the evil forces of rust.... so it's a long term project (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sawzall-smiley.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welder.gif)

Mike
+Quote Post
JJ914
post Oct 20 2006, 03:25 PM
Post #13

Big JJ

Member No.: 3,374
Region Association: None

Hey there,

I live in Goldsboro NC. I got a yellow 72. Would to get together sometimes and meet. People around here just dont why our cars are so great.
+Quote Post
/L.
post Oct 20 2006, 03:53 PM
Post #14

NICE 914

Member No.: 2,392
Region Association: Southern California

Well I can't make it this time (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) but look for me in about 3 yrs. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif) I'm looking to move to Greensboro area. I hope to meet some teener folks when I get there!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/boldblue.gif)
+Quote Post
jdogg
post Oct 20 2006, 04:00 PM
Post #15

Guys, this response is great!!! I never knew there were this many of us hiding out around here...Got a PM from Bill in Youngsville with a '73 2.0 (with 2.5 liters!...not sure how many cylinders..) tonight as well!!

How about eveyone PM or EMAIL me their contact info...#s, email, location, etc. In a few days, I will email everyone the info I have compiled.

Good to hear from JJ914 and Mike too! JJ, did you ever solve your "twisted" chassis problem?

Funny thing happened today.....my wife had a guy come to clean our couch..turns out he's one of us!!! He has a couple of them over in Wendell....When it rains it pours
+Quote Post
jdogg
post Oct 20 2006, 04:02 PM
Post #16

QUOTE(/L. @ Oct 20 2006, 05:53 PM) *

Well I can't make it this time (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) but look for me in about 3 yrs. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif) I'm looking to move to Greensboro area. I hope to meet some teener folks when I get there!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/boldblue.gif)

Look us up when you get here, Linda! I'm sure we won't be in 914 rehab by then!
+Quote Post
jdogg
post Oct 21 2006, 06:18 AM
Post #17

Saturday morning (IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif)
+Quote Post
Bill D
post Oct 21 2006, 07:34 AM
Post #18

Member No.: 6,558

QUOTE(jdogg @ Oct 20 2006, 06:00 PM) *

Guys, this response is great!!! I never knew there were this many of us hiding out around here...Got a PM from Bill in Youngsville with a '73 2.0 (with 2.5 liters!...not sure how many cylinders..) tonight as well!!

How about eveyone PM or EMAIL me their contact info...#s, email, location, etc. In a few days, I will email everyone the info I have compiled.

Good to hear from JJ914 and Mike too! JJ, did you ever solve your "twisted" chassis problem?

Funny thing happened today.....my wife had a guy come to clean our couch..turns out he's one of us!!! He has a couple of them over in Wendell....When it rains it pours

It's a four banger with about 300 miles on the rebuild. Not on jack stands at the moment.

Bill
+Quote Post
76green
post Oct 21 2006, 07:26 PM
Post #19

Member No.: 5,411

I am in Asheville...but my in-laws are in Raleigh...maybe this might be a good way to get out of the house. I have a 76 green 914 and it runs! When is the get together going to happen? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/boldblue.gif)
+Quote Post
jdogg
post Oct 22 2006, 09:35 AM
Post #20

QUOTE(76green @ Oct 21 2006, 09:26 PM) *

When is the get together going to happen? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/boldblue.gif)

I guess we have to work on something now!!!
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 08:40 PM