Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Looking for someone to do a little tig welding, reccomendations, etc.
TonyAKAVW
post Oct 20 2006, 11:42 AM
Post #1

That's my ride.

Group: Members
Member No.: 166
Region Association: None

I've been driving my Subaru conversion car around for around a month now, but one thing that absolutely must be done soon is to get my engine mount plates welded to the longitudinals. I'd like to get this done within the next week as the Riverside autocross is next weekend and I'd love to participate.

The job is pretty small, but its a little tricky. The plate that the engine bar mounts to is 1/4 inch thick and the longitudinal is at best half of that (double-ply in that area). As well, there is a gap between the flat plate and the slightly bend of the longitudinal. So I want someone who's really pretty decent at welding to do this.

Any reccomendations on shops in the LA area, particularly any that might be open evenings, etc.?

-Tony

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 04:44 AM