Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Anyone from the non-club driving a 914 in Mahomet IL on Saturday?, a nice cream colored 914 with a young lady driving
mikelsr
post Oct 22 2006, 09:13 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,390
Region Association: Southwest Region

It isn't often I get to see another 914 in town but there was one on Saturday with a young lady driving it. I was just wondering if someone on the club owns it (or knows who owns it).

Mike
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
JPB
post Oct 22 2006, 09:21 AM
Post #2

The Crimson Rocket smiles in your general direction.

Member No.: 5,107

Is this not a perversion of the great prophet's name?

:beer1:Blasphemy!!!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif)
+Quote Post
mikelsr
post Oct 22 2006, 09:36 AM
Post #3

And Mahomet is a dry town! There is a petition to get it on the ballot to go wet again.

Now for a little history lesson from wikipedia.org:

Mahomet, Illinois appears to be the only place in the United States currently named for the prophet Muhammad, although a small community, located near Bertram, Texas, was also known as Mahomet. The Illinois town's name derives from the "Mahomet Lodge," the local Masonic Lodge at the time the town was searching for a new name. Its use as the name of the lodge was a manifestation of the Freemasons' liberal use of Muslim names and symbols. An alternative theory states that the name Mahomet was arbitrarily assigned when the conflicting names were noted by the US Postal Service.

End of history lesson.

I've lived here for twenty years and I had only heard the story about the USPS giving Mahomet its name. Mahomet used to be called Middletown but there was another Middletown in IL so we had to change.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif)
+Quote Post
JPB
post Oct 22 2006, 09:46 AM
Post #4

The Crimson Rocket smiles in your general direction.

Member No.: 5,107

Ink tarrrrestink. Now the great prophet serves Christ and the apostles lemonade with a smile. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
ovilla
post Oct 22 2006, 10:51 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 3,660

Mikelsr - We were down in Mahomet this past weekend (my in-laws live there). Anyway, my wife was at the Amoco and ended up talking to a guy in a red 914 that was on his way back from a show in Indy. The 914 guy was from Morris, IL. I bet you just saw another 914 passing through. By the way, if you ever see a black or orange 75' in Mahomet (especially during the summer) that is most likely me. Hey, I'd definitely like to see your new 6 some day.
+Quote Post
mikelsr
post Oct 22 2006, 01:50 PM
Post #6

QUOTE(ovilla @ Oct 22 2006, 11:51 AM) *

Mikelsr - We were down in Mahomet this past weekend (my in-laws live there). Anyway, my wife was at the Amoco and ended up talking to a guy in a red 914 that was on his way back from a show in Indy. The 914 guy was from Morris, IL. I bet you just saw another 914 passing through. By the way, if you ever see a black or orange 75' in Mahomet (especially during the summer) that is most likely me. Hey, I'd definitely like to see your new 6 some day.

It may have been someone from the show.

PM me and I will give you my cell number so the next time you are in town we can get together and compare cars.

Mike
+Quote Post
colmz
post Oct 25 2006, 11:10 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 5,772

That was me on Sunday at the BP station. We were on our way home from the FFC. mikelsr, I'm surprrised that you haven't seen my car passing thru town more often. My wife's cousin lives in Champaign and we visit her several times a year. Take Rt 47 to Rt 150 to Staley Rd. Her daughter and son-in-law just moved from Champaign into a new home in one of the new subdivisions on the South West sde of town, so we will be visiting them now too.

Marty
+Quote Post
mikelsr
post Oct 25 2006, 03:23 PM
Post #8

QUOTE(colmz @ Oct 25 2006, 12:10 PM) *

That was me on Sunday at the BP station. We were on our way home from the FFC. mikelsr, I'm surprrised that you haven't seen my car passing thru town more often. My wife's cousin lives in Champaign and we visit her several times a year. Take Rt 47 to Rt 150 to Staley Rd. Her daughter and son-in-law just moved from Champaign into a new home in one of the new subdivisions on the South West sde of town, so we will be visiting them now too.

Marty

That's cool. If you ever feel the need to talk 914/Porsche's, drive or just drink (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) just give me a holler next time you are around (of course family come first, but Porsches are in a close second position). (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 10:58 PM