Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> camber vs. ride height, what I do in class instead of learning
Dave-O
post Oct 22 2006, 02:09 PM
Post #1

Is winter done yet?

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,082

Hi guys/gals,
Now that the AX season is officially done up here in the north, it's time to start thinking about winter "improvements". At the beginning of this season I set my alignment/ride height/corner balance and just left it as is all year, focusing on driving. I'm contemplating trying to drop the front of the car down another inch in an attempt to transfer a little more of the weight up there. Right now I have about 2.5" of suspension travel in the front and don't want to sacrifice any of that.

In order to lower the car I would have to chop the struts and put shorten inserts in. To justify this, I wanted to verify that the camber curve would still be acceptable. I made a quick excell sheet graphing the camber gain as a function of A-arm deflection. Hopefully this will be useful to other people as well.

As of now, at rest the A-arms are at about +3 degrees. On the bumpstops they are at about -10. By lowering the car an inch they would start at about -3 degrees and assuming I cut the struts 1.5 inches on the bump stops would be at about -19.

I took some quick measurments on the car but they are by no means extremely precise.

Here is the graph...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Dave-O   camber vs. ride height   Oct 22 2006, 02:09 PM
Dave-O   Based on the graph I think I will still do the sho...   Oct 22 2006, 02:11 PM
Aaron Cox   what about raising spindles? A arms now point dow...   Oct 22 2006, 05:40 PM
Dave-O   Step 0, read the rule book. Altered spindle locat...   Oct 22 2006, 06:17 PM
Aaron Cox   but you can shorten the housings? wow... cool prj...   Oct 22 2006, 06:52 PM
brant  
  Oct 25 2006, 03:23 PM
jhadler  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th May 2024 - 08:33 PM