Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 914 Road Trip Underway - Tampa to Vegas - S.E.M.A 2006, (underway)
fat73
post Oct 28 2006, 06:48 AM
Post #21

W9R1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,043
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(SGB @ Oct 27 2006, 08:54 PM) *

Ed -
these are great pictures!
The paint on the WR914 is really GREAT. Very complementary to the lines of the car. If your return takes the same route, maybe you can stop for beer or coffee (or both- in series, not parallel) on your return. I'm in Huntsville, about 100 miles south of Nashville. I know an EXCELLENT bar-b-que not far from I-65 if you come through near eatin' time. They don't serve beer, but you will get a food buzz from all the unhealthyness of fried stuff and smoked stuff. I;ll follow your thread to see whats up closer to your return... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Sure thing if I end up going back all the way I-40. Not sure how the roads are down through Tx and La due to all the rain and flooding. BUT, I'm up in Tennessee frequently and now that I'vefinally got the W9R1 put together and road worthy I'll be driving it up near Monteagle fairly often. I grew up in Tracy City which is not far from you. Thanks for the offer and stay tuned. Today's pics should be awesome. New Mexico, Arizona and who knows maybe Vegas.

Ed aka W9R1
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
fat73
post Oct 28 2006, 06:52 AM
Post #22

W9R1

QUOTE(SGB @ Oct 27 2006, 08:54 PM) *

Ed -
these are great pictures!
The paint on the WR914 is really GREAT. Very complementary to the lines of the car. If your return takes the same route, maybe you can stop for beer or coffee (or both- in series, not parallel) on your return. I'm in Huntsville, about 100 miles south of Nashville. I know an EXCELLENT bar-b-que not far from I-65 if you come through near eatin' time. They don't serve beer, but you will get a food buzz from all the unhealthyness of fried stuff and smoked stuff. I;ll follow your thread to see whats up closer to your return... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Oh yeah forgot....the paint and body kit were done in 1980. It's a Porsche 935 (racecar) theme and the kit's a 934 kit from Beck from what I've been told.

Ed aka W9R1
+Quote Post
ThinAir
post Oct 28 2006, 11:23 PM
Post #23

Best friends

Member No.: 231
Region Association: Southwest Region

Ed made it here to Flagstaff at about 4:30 p.m. MST. We had dinner together at my place and he's on his way west early tomorrow morning. The car was continuing to do very well. It's nice to put names & faces together, especially when the people you meet are such great folks!

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
fat73
post Oct 29 2006, 08:47 AM
Post #24

W9R1

Amarillo to Flagstaff in about 8+ hours. If I'm not mistaken I left Amarillo about 10:15 EDT, and arrived arond 4:30MDT. Uneventful trip. Many thanks to Ernie and Linda Devries for the hospitality and a look at a very nice great sounding 914 in my favorite 914 color - yellow. It was a good chance to stop and unwind a little. AND Linda has a killer sewing machine that rivals any CNC machine. After visiting there I drove on to Williams Az and will leave there shortly for Vegas.

Here's the start of the Amarillo - Flagstaff leg on webshots. Lots of pictures of dirt, rocks, long straight roads (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) and beautiful landscapes. Would have had a picture of a 530BMW that kept bugging me, but he got a small lesson in acceleration from 80 so he never got close enough.

It's easier just to post the link to the starting pic in the album and let you page through from there. There's about 80 new pictures.

Ed aka W9R1

(IMG:http://thumb19.webshots.net/t/59/659/4/50/22/2962450220076795939WiBheo_th.jpg)
+Quote Post
fat73
post Oct 29 2006, 11:44 PM
Post #25

W9R1

Vegas baby...yeah.

Made it...

Spent some time at Renegade today cleaning out the car and getting the car ready for the open house for SEMA. Today was a great drive from Williams AZ to Las Vegas. I highly recommend it. The pics start here (and there's lots of them):

(IMG:http://thumb19.webshots.net/t/22/23/0/82/37/2474082370076795939XppgCz_th.jpg)

ed aka W9R1
+Quote Post
URY914
post Oct 30 2006, 07:55 AM
Post #26

I built the lightest 914 in the history of mankind.
****************************************************************************************************

Member No.: 222
Region Association: None

Great job! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)
+Quote Post
fat73
post Oct 31 2006, 11:04 AM
Post #27

W9R1

I was honored to be visited by John Peterson yesterday at Renegade Hybrids and allowed to see/touch/smell the famous Elvira and chat with John for a few hours. There's nothing like a clean BLACK 914/6. It's always great to meet 914 people regardless of what drivetrain they're running. What a great club.

John was nice enough to post some (IMG:style_emoticons/default/coolpics.gif) of our visit on the SEMA 2006 pictures thread so I won't bother to put them in here. But here's a start on the update to the overall road trip site from yesterday if you're interested.

Today should be a good day. Halloween in Vegas, where I understand that some people just paint their costumes on. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/w00t.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

(IMG:http://thumb19.webshots.net/t/53/753/8/90/19/2278890190076795939CYZJDJ_th.jpg)

Ed aka W9R1
+Quote Post
VegasRacer
post Nov 3 2006, 01:06 AM
Post #28

ELVIRA

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 481

It was my great pleasure to meet you Ed. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
I really like your car. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Drive it and enjoy it.

Have a safe and fun trip on your journey home. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
*(your new wheels look (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumb3d.gif) )

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
fat73
post Nov 4 2006, 08:04 AM
Post #29

W9R1

Well I'm back on the road again. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) Made it from Vegas to Amarillo Friday.

That picture John posted of me (taken by surprise) is me at the drill press at Renegade frantically trying to drill a hole through a wheel lock because the @#$#%! lug was too long and I couldn't get the lock tightened on my new wheels. Take a look. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)

(IMG:http://thumb19.webshots.net/t/28/29/4/8/92/2394408920076795939OcbEuP_th.jpg)

There's a TON of new pictures in there.

Ed aka W9R1

+Quote Post
fat73
post Nov 5 2006, 07:19 PM
Post #30

W9R1

Left Amarillo Saturday am and essentially drove straight through to Tampa, arriving Sunday afternnoon. Whew....long trip, but the car did great.

Started at 930 miles
Ended at 5827 miles

4997 Miles....close enough to 5000 miles

Was in a hurry and get home... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Attached Image
+Quote Post
watsonrx13
post Nov 5 2006, 08:29 PM
Post #31

Advanced Member

Member No.: 312

WOW.... glad you made it safely, looking forward to seeing you again in 2 weeks.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rocking nana.gif)

-- Rob
+Quote Post
neo914-6
post Nov 5 2006, 09:18 PM
Post #32

neo life

Member No.: 159

Nice meeting you Floridians! Your long distance trips are inspiring. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif)
+Quote Post
VegasRacer
post Nov 6 2006, 05:47 AM
Post #33

ELVIRA

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 481

QUOTE(fat73 @ Nov 5 2006, 05:19 PM) *
..... essentially drove straight through to Tampa.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) "There's no place like home." (IMG:style_emoticons/default/yellowsleep[1].gif)

*(I look forward to seeing you again) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
mrdezyne
post Nov 6 2006, 12:01 PM
Post #34

Now on larger rolling jack stands!

Member No.: 4,510

It was great to meet everyone and enjoy a nice dinner with fellow 914 enthusiasts from across the country.

Ed, thanks for the ride! With a fresh set of shoes (295/30 18 I believe?) this little subie convert could spin them at will. It was very inspiring and just what I needed to get me back on my project.

John, thanks for picking me up at the hotel for dinner. Elvira is a BLAST! Super clean ride and every bit as fun as her photos look. It was great meeting you and I'll keep you updated on my progress.

Felix, great to finally meet the man behind the machine. I visited the NEO first thing each morning and last thing before I left the show each day. There was always a crowd around enjoying your work. I wish we could have left a recorder running all week to hear some of the comments, its amazing how little people know about 914's....

Scott, thanks for letting us invade your shop and meeting us before dinner. I'll be keeping you updated on how the 2.5 N/A goes in the months ahead.

I'll post my pics in the photo thread later today....
+Quote Post
fat73
post Nov 6 2006, 06:17 PM
Post #35

W9R1

QUOTE(mrdezyne @ Nov 6 2006, 10:01 AM) *

It was great to meet everyone and enjoy a nice dinner with fellow 914 enthusiasts from across the country.

Ed, thanks for the ride! With a fresh set of shoes (295/30 18 I believe?) this little subie convert could spin them at will. It was very inspiring and just what I needed to get me back on my project.

John, thanks for picking me up at the hotel for dinner. Elvira is a BLAST! Super clean ride and every bit as fun as her photos look. It was great meeting you and I'll keep you updated on my progress.

Felix, great to finally meet the man behind the machine. I visited the NEO first thing each morning and last thing before I left the show each day. There was always a crowd around enjoying your work. I wish we could have left a recorder running all week to hear some of the comments, its amazing how little people know about 914's....

Scott, thanks for letting us invade your shop and meeting us before dinner. I'll be keeping you updated on how the 2.5 N/A goes in the months ahead.

I'll post my pics in the photo thread later today....

You're welcome...Now get to work on that car!

Ed aka W9R1
+Quote Post
ThinAir
post Nov 7 2006, 12:56 AM
Post #36

Best friends

Member No.: 231
Region Association: Southwest Region

Glad you made it back safe and the car continued to do well. Sorry I missed you on Friday. Linda told me you called on your way through. Unfortunately I was working. It was great to meet you!
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd June 2024 - 11:41 AM