Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Shift coupler bushings, ebay mistake or mine?
Bartlett 914
post Oct 23 2006, 04:37 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,707
Region Association: Upper MidWest

I purchased a set of shift coupler bushings on ebay. Cost about 20.00. I could have made them but 20.00 was easy enough. Ad stated they were new OEM. I got them and found the hole for the pin is oversize. The hole measured .500" It is ovaled as stated in the ad. The pin is 12mm (.472") Seller is complaining that I do not know what I am doing and that this (.030") slop is correct. I am dead sure it is not but I have been wrong before.

I suspect that these are either wrong and the seller is a BS'er or they are for a different car and the seller is not familiar with the 914 as he says he is. Has anyone been throuth this before?

BTW he has a very high score. I want to give him the benfit of the doubt.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Bartlett 914   Shift coupler bushings   Oct 23 2006, 04:37 PM
Mueller   I think that is for the 911's...according to w...   Oct 23 2006, 04:39 PM
Cap'n Krusty   Same ones I use and sell, and GPR has 'em, too...   Oct 23 2006, 04:44 PM
Bartlett 914  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th June 2024 - 01:30 PM