Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Garage humor, mishaps
Cruzing
post Oct 24 2006, 12:09 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,082

well I thought I would share a mishap with my 914, embaressing as it maybe.. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

I was installing the engine on a hoist, dropped down the car to align the mounting holes and rear bracket, engine was placed on stands, leveled out and ready to fit in.

I noticed that the engine was not fitting correctley, while I was bumping down the lift, I looked up and saw the front of the car coming off the front lift supports, causing the car to have a very bad tilt, I thought, what the hell is that, walked around to the front of the car and found that the hydrolic jack handle had slip up between the tire and the fender and was starting to push through the top of my fender, which was making the car come off the lift, I said Fu***KI**G D**am sh**i**t AHHHH

I checked back quickly to the rear and saw clear and ready to go, so I started to raise the car to get the jack handle out of there, while the car was lifting and my full attention to the front was in place, I was about 4'-0" in the air and looked back and saw that the engine got tangled up with my tie strap and was coming off the stands, now it was dangeling 3'-0" in the air, the front was not clear yet and now I am about to drop my motor..

before I could reload, it droped and bounced, cracked the rear housing, (replaced it) and I have a punch out dent on top of my fender. I took a break, finshed and went to get drunk in which I had nooo problems doing that..

Oh well, hope this not to boring.. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Cruzing   Garage humor   Oct 24 2006, 12:09 PM
TINCAN914   Bummer.. Sorry that happened.. Time for another :b...   Oct 24 2006, 12:13 PM
Mountain914   Wow - glad you found some humor in it. Mostly - i...   Oct 24 2006, 12:56 PM
Mountain914   Oh - and it looks like you joined yesterday, so: ...   Oct 24 2006, 01:01 PM
faux916   :idea: now if you could impleament domino's i...   Oct 24 2006, 01:03 PM
Cruzing   hot chicks in thanks to the domino's. too funn...   Oct 24 2006, 01:09 PM
Marty Yeoman   Sounds like a truly precarious maneuver. I think I...   Oct 24 2006, 01:20 PM
Cruzing   With the remanufactured heads failing three times ...   Oct 24 2006, 03:58 PM
vsg914  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 03:04 AM