Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> new owner - need some advice, stuck brake repair in the field - what tools to bring?
acy76
post Oct 26 2006, 08:51 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,311

Hello all -- I've been reading the forum for a while now, researching and planning before committing to a 914 purchase. Last weekend, the right deal came along and I am now the proud owner of a '72 1.7l 914.

The car has been sitting over 10 years and the rear brakes are frozen. I am going to be tucking it away for the winter this coming Sunday and would like to free them up so it rolls - or remove them completely, whichever is easier. I'm hoping someone might be able to advise me as to what tools I should bring along to make this happen, as the car is an hour away from me and once I am there, what I've brought is what I've got.

Aside from a set of metric sockets, wrenches, a hammer or two, etc., are there any items you all think I'd need to accomplish this task? I'll be working outdoors in Minnesota, so anything that expedites the process is going to be of great help.

Thanks,

Adrian

p.s. after the reading I've done, this seems to be one of the more friendly/supportive automotive forums I've seen (and I've read quite a few). Nice work, I'm glad to be joining the community.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 07:53 AM