Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Yay! got it running!
Scott-thundercat
post Oct 31 2006, 08:26 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,049

so tonight i got it running- turned out the condensor wire was broken right below the condensor out of sight- i bought some when i first got the car but didnt put em on. so i changed the points and condensor (the old points also had a little corrosion on em which im sure was an issue too- saving em for emergency!) replaced another two fuel lines (the pressure plastic line from the pump up cracked! so i replaced the whole line all the way to the pump). sprayed carb clean down the injectors and also on the ends of em. cranked it and it fired up! didnt want to run much but it ran. im pretty sure the injectors need cleaning badly- so i'll put some gumout in there and see if it gets better. now i just need to wait till the 2nd when my bronze pedal bushings come in to get the brakes working (well that's being hopeful). since the brake pedal sticks so much you have to pull it back up by hand....

at least its running! thank god!!!!

thanks for all the help guys. never did figure out why the pump all of a sudden started working today- i removed the ground for the relay board and cleaned all of them so maybe that fixed it....
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 2)
So.Cal.914
post Nov 1 2006, 12:44 AM
Post #2

"...And it has a front trunk too."

Member No.: 1,658
Region Association: None

It's always an attitude adjustment when it runs. Probably was the ground and while

your at it maybe do the one above the fuse panel under dash and the one back

by the tail of the trans. I am sure you have done the one by the battery.
+Quote Post
ThinAir
post Nov 1 2006, 12:52 AM
Post #3

Best friends

Member No.: 231
Region Association: Southwest Region

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/boldblue.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/boldblue.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/boldblue.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 02:17 PM