Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> H4 Upgrade, Search was helpful, but still have a question...
Lavanaut
post Nov 3 2006, 12:57 PM
Post #1

Hungry Mind : Thirsty Gullet

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,265
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I just purchased a set of H4s with the 55 watt bulbs. I also ordered the powered relay that PP's site recommends. After searching the forum for information on the install, I'm left wondering: do I even need this powered relay if I'm going to stick with the 55 watt bulbs? Several posts make it sound like I don't. We're talking about a stock '74 2.0. Oh, and I did read-up on relays over at the12volt.com but am still unsure.

If I *do* need it, then I've got another question. I think I'd install the relay on the relay board in the spot labeled 'A' in Hayes, p. 128, Fig. 9.22...is that correct? Finally, and here my true newbie colors shine through, how do I get at the relay board? For all of my reading, I can't figure out where the thing is located (best guess is at/behind the fuse panel).

Hmmm...guess that's a 3-part question after all.

Thanks in advance, and happy Friday!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Lavanaut   H4 Upgrade   Nov 3 2006, 12:57 PM
biosurfer1   not to threadcap, but i'm also initerested in ...   Nov 3 2006, 01:00 PM
ChrisNPDrider   I've had H4 55W for over a year - no relay and...   Nov 3 2006, 01:07 PM
Lavanaut  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 05:05 AM