Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> (The car is back) I’m almost there…, Getting ready for my McMark/Raby 2056 Engine
Grimstead
post Nov 10 2006, 05:11 PM
Post #1

Cheaky Monkey

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,789
Region Association: Southern California

I finally realized that I was never going to finish things on my own so I towed the car down to a local body shop and had them take care of it for me.

While it was there, this is what I had them work on; (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welder.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/spank.gif)

Weld shut all the holes on the rear trunk panel. PO had cut holes for both styles of rear reflectors. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon8.gif)

Rust proof the passenger compartment & engine bay (I had the rust already cut out and welded but left the metal bare).

Shoot a sound barrier in passenger compartment & firewall in the engine bay.

Top coat everything to match existing paint.

All in all, I’m pretty happy with the out come. I’m not sure how the spray on sound barrier will help but it has to be better than without it. I was worried the texture was going to be too rough like the spray on bed liners but in the end it is more like the texture on the targa tops.

Next step is to getting everything back together before Mark comes down with the new engine… (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Grimstead   (The car is back) I’m almost there…   Nov 10 2006, 05:11 PM
Grimstead   Shots of the passenger compartment before, during ...   Nov 10 2006, 05:14 PM
George H.   Congrats.......... let me be the first to say ...   Nov 10 2006, 05:14 PM
Grimstead   Here is the rear panel before & after   Nov 10 2006, 05:16 PM
rick 918-S   :shades: Dude, you know this is coming..... :ttiw...   Nov 10 2006, 05:18 PM
Grimstead   Here was the engine bay (DS & PS sides) before...   Nov 10 2006, 05:18 PM
Grimstead   And here it is all welded up and as prepped as I c...   Nov 10 2006, 05:21 PM
Toast   ABOUT TIME!! That red tag was a while ago...   Nov 10 2006, 05:24 PM
Grimstead  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 02:38 PM