Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Compliment in a parking lot
dheinz
post Nov 15 2006, 02:59 PM
Post #1

cross member

Group: Members
Member No.: 995

It was a fairly nice day in Pennsylvania, so I decided to exercise the 914. I went to IKEA to pick up some items. I pulled into the parking lot beside a Cayenne that was being loaded by a gentleman and his wife. As I walked by, the man said, "hey, that's a nice car you have". Pointing at his car, I replied, "it's your car's long, lost cousin". He said, "from a 'long' time ago". We all smiled as a young kid in a Cavalier drove by giving a big thumbs up.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
PinetreePorsche
post Nov 15 2006, 03:10 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 5,124

I was at a parking lot, across from a Boxter. What a surprise when an older woman (and I'm 62) walked up to her Boxter, then looked at my '72 2.0 and said "yours is the real thing--mine is just a copy." I was impressed that she even know te 914s, much less the lineage. And that was before I read that Ferrie Prosche's first prototype 356 was also a mid-engine! Long live the "real" Porsches, and how nice to see that this year the management has finally allowed the Boxster to have some real horsepower--something we've been doing in a dozen different ways for years. -Chris
+Quote Post
JPB
post Nov 15 2006, 07:43 PM
Post #3

The Crimson Rocket smiles in your general direction.

Member No.: 5,107

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th May 2024 - 01:00 PM