Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> "missing" at high RPMs
ninefourteener
post Nov 21 2006, 11:48 AM
Post #1

Perfectly Normal Guy :)

Group: Members
Member No.: 779

Greetings!!

Thanks to the Cap'n... I finally found the correct distributor cap for my car. I installed it yesterday, and the car rund PERFECT... I couldn't ask for better....

Until, of course.... I get to around 4200 RPMs.

First off, there is no hesitation... no backfiring... nothing... all the way up to 4200RPMs... the car runs just as good as my new cars.

But right at that point..... it starts to "miss" pretty violently. The car actually starts "bucking"

Not sure how to put it into text other than....

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR (4200 rpm) RR...RRRR....RRRRR....RRRRR.

Again, no coughing, no backfiring or popping... just a bad "miss" or "hesitation".

I "THINK" it might be electrical, because at the same time.... my tachometer starts going all screwy, and flopping all over the place. Plus, it has a brand new fuel filter in it, so I don't think it's that.

I've also put a brand new coil in it recently as well.

Any ideas?????
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
ninefourteener   "missing" at high RPMs   Nov 21 2006, 11:48 AM
Travis Neff   pinched fuel line or dwell on distributor (but tha...   Nov 21 2006, 11:55 AM
dimitri   Sounds like a weak spring on the points, bouncing ...   Nov 21 2006, 12:00 PM
JOHNMAN   Here are my 3 guesses with no other information pr...   Nov 21 2006, 12:39 PM
BK911   I'd start with dwell then timing.   Nov 21 2006, 02:07 PM
chilli  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 07:26 PM