Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> SOT: Fuel Pressure Gauge, replacement head
McMark
post Nov 22 2006, 02:01 AM
Post #1

914 Freak!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 419
Region Association: None

I'm looking to replace the gauge unit on my fuel pressure gauge (as in keep all the fittings and hoses, just replace the actual gauge part). I'm not sure if I need to look for something special for fuel. I've looked at McMaster-Carr and I'm sure they have something that will FIT, but most don't mention any sort of restriction (fluid only, air only, etc). Does this mean most of them are compatible with fluids?

The gauge looks something like this...
(IMG:http://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/images/tools2003/OTC-7635A.jpg)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
lybones
post Nov 22 2006, 02:27 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,986

QUOTE(McMark @ Nov 22 2006, 12:01 AM) *

I'm looking to replace the gauge unit on my fuel pressure gauge (as in keep all the fittings and hoses, just replace the actual gauge part). I'm not sure if I need to look for something special for fuel. I've looked at McMaster-Carr and I'm sure they have something that will FIT, but most don't mention any sort of restriction (fluid only, air only, etc). Does this mean most of them are compatible with fluids?

The gauge looks something like this...
(IMG:http://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/images/tools2003/OTC-7635A.jpg)

Here's a trick I learned from an old friend. I used a five dollar tire pressure gauge from any FLAPS(usaully reads from 0 to 60 psi I think). Just unscrew and replace the tire valve brass fitting with a new threaded brass fitting for your application. I've done this for my fuel pressure gauge on my turbo rotory motor setup. It was reading a healthy 35psi and never failed. I currently have a tire pressure gauge for a fuel pressure gauge on my v8 setup, too. Just my .02

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
McMark
post Nov 22 2006, 04:28 AM
Post #3

914 Freak!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 419
Region Association: None

Interesting!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 05:22 PM