Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> OT: Concerts, Just for fun...
tat2dphreak
post Nov 22 2006, 06:14 PM
Post #21

stoya, stoya, stoya

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 792
Region Association: Southwest Region

1. What was the first concert you saw and when?

2. What's the best concert you've seen and when?

3. If you could see the concert of your dreams, who would it be?

1.)Metallica, with Suicidal Tendencies, Fight, and Candlebox. August 1994, Austin,TX

2.)Ozzy with Type-o Negative and Sepultura, 10th Row! Aerosmith would have been a tie, but Collective Soul opened for them and sucked ASS!

3.) Black Sabbath and Aerosmith in the early-mid seventies or Metallica (w/Cliff Burton) opening for Ozzy(w/Randy Rhodes)

I just Saw Aerosmith again a couple of weeks ago, with Motley Crue... A-Smith still sounds awesome, Crüe was good, except Vince Neil sounded like pure shit... it sounded like he was out of breath, or his mic was cutting out... damn shame, those guys would have been fun to see in the 80s. I knew every song, but it would have been nice to hear the lyrics live.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Foster
post Nov 22 2006, 06:31 PM
Post #22

Thread Killer

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,151
Region Association: Upper MidWest

1st. Rush and Golden Earring at the Forum in LA. '83 or 84, don't quite remember.

Best. Probably Pink Floyd at the Silverdome. Don't remember what year, I believe it was the Division Bell tour. Close second would have to be John Mellencamp at Wings Stadium in Kzoo, or any one of the Kiss concerts.

Dream. Early 70's Beatles with Zeppelin. Could be greedy and name a dozen others but pretty sure I could leave that concert with no regrets.
+Quote Post
StratPlayer
post Nov 22 2006, 06:39 PM
Post #23

StratPlayer

Member No.: 27
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

I've been to so many concerts, but I'm going to have to say the best was Woodstock 69. Deep Purple, Bruce Springsteen 75, Pink Floyd 71, Humble Pie, Mott da Hopple, David Bowie (Ziggy Startdust) The Who, Leon Russel, The Grateful Dead, Credeance Clearwater, this list could go on all night.
+Quote Post
So.Cal.914
post Nov 22 2006, 07:16 PM
Post #24

"...And it has a front trunk too."

Member No.: 1,658
Region Association: None

First: Black Sabbath & Bob Segar 1976 Swing Auditorium Orange show fair grounds.

Best: Pink Floyd- Divison Bell 1994 Rose Bowl.

Dream concert: Led Zepplin pre heroin Jimmy Page era.
+Quote Post
So.Cal.914
post Nov 22 2006, 07:21 PM
Post #25

"...And it has a front trunk too."

Member No.: 1,658

QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Nov 22 2006, 02:23 PM) *

First: The Beatles. 1965

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/finger.gif)
+Quote Post
scotty b
post Nov 22 2006, 07:26 PM
Post #26

rust free you say ?

Member No.: 3,419

First = Yes ( most of them ) 1990 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumb3d.gif)

Best = probably Bad Brains around 1992-93. Small club in Richmond and the WHOLE first floor was a pit (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)

Dream = this would HAVE to be a festival because I can't pick just 2 sooooo.......Doors, Hendrix, Police, Dream Theater, Primus, Buckethead, Blind Melon, Rammstein, Phish and closing with Gene Krupa and Buddy Rich trading off with T.S. making some melodic masterpiece (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rocking nana.gif)

Biggest dissapointment ( not worst just dissapointing ) this either goes to Tool or Rush simply because for 2 bands with such INCREDIBLY talented musicians I expected more than EXACTLY what is on the CD. Police and Primus live GO OFF the chart with alterations which is what I want when I hear someone live.!!
+Quote Post
smontanaro
post Nov 22 2006, 07:40 PM
Post #27

Member No.: 4,197
Region Association: Upper MidWest

1. Boz Skaggs, late '60s or maybe 1970 at some high school gymnasium in the San Jose area.

2. Probably Jackson Browne in the back of McCabe's Guitar Shop circa 1972-1974?

3. I'd pay to see Martin Sexton circa 1995 again. Never saw the really huge acts like the Beatles or the Rolling Stones. I'd probably go see the late 60's Beatles if you could leave the screaming teenage girls at home. Do they need an opening act? Maybe John Lennon mid-70's solo as an opener...

Skip
+Quote Post
kconway
post Nov 22 2006, 09:35 PM
Post #28

Member No.: 3,231
Region Association: Southern California

First: Ozzy Osbourne (w/Randy Rhodes) Motorhead opened in 1981ish @ the Forum in LA
Best: US Festival 1983 Metal Day in Devore, CA.
Wish: Led Zeppelin in my backyard
+Quote Post
Cap'n Krusty
post Nov 22 2006, 10:43 PM
Post #29

Cap'n Krusty

Member No.: 2,246
Region Association: Central California

QUOTE(Lavanaut @ Nov 22 2006, 01:14 PM) *

QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Nov 22 2006, 12:50 PM) *

Best? Hard to tell. Jefferson Airplane, Little Richard, CSN, Jerry Lee Lewis, BB King, Freddy Fender, Ike and Tina Turner, Los Lonely Boys (with their dad), Lyle Lovett, the KPIG Texas Uprising, The Steve Goodman Memorial Concert, JB Hutto and the Hawks, and literally hundreds of others.

...Cop-out! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif) It's a tough question by design, meant to be at least mildly thought provoking. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) JB Hutto was as good as Jefferson Airplane?!?

If you've seen JB Hutto, you understand ................ Inside Mr. Henry's, SE in DC. Granted, the Airplane was at the Filmore, and the opening act was Steve Miller with the incredible Norton Buffalo on harmonicas. As I recall, AB Skye was the 3rd band. Oh, yeah, and practically everybody you've ever heard of in the SF music scene showed up after hours and jammed until nearly dawn. Still, JB Hutto had an amazing band. It was mindblowing without chemical enhancements. The Cap'n
+Quote Post
TravisNeff
post Nov 23 2006, 12:23 AM
Post #30

914 Guru

Member No.: 447
Region Association: Southwest Region

First: Slayer 1985

Best: I dunno

Dream: Don't have one
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th June 2024 - 11:28 PM