Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Fuel injection guru's...a couple ?'s
biosurfer1
post Dec 1 2006, 03:48 PM
Post #1

Teener fo Life!

Group: Members
Member No.: 977
Region Association: Northern California

I tried asking this in another thread but it was an OT question there and didnt get much advice, so I thought I'd try here...

anyways, I was wondering wha part and how does the stock FI hold pressure in the fuel lines when the car is sitting so there is fuel immediatly when started?

I recently fixed my AAR and its working good now and hoped it would solve this other problem but no luck. It seems when the car is cold and has been sitting a while, it takes several cranks to get it going, like these isnt enough gas getting to the engine. After the 3-4th try the car starts and run normally, with the AAR open and slowly closes(as it should). I had a very similar problem in my 911 and there was a part (warm up regulator) that served this prupose and had the same symptoms with it wasnt working correctly. Does the 914 have a part like this, does the fuel pressure regulator handle this aspect? Something else maybe? I was told to check the CHT sensor and have one of those coming, but i cant see it doing much since the problem is right when the car starts and it wouldnt have much time to effect the system, or am I wrong?

any help or direction would be great...thanks!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
biosurfer1   Fuel injection guru's...a couple ?'s   Dec 1 2006, 03:48 PM
dimitri   3 things that will make starting hard. 1/ defecti...   Dec 1 2006, 04:02 PM
JohnnyX   " was wondering wha part and how does the sto...   Dec 1 2006, 04:08 PM
biosurfer1   ok, so as I understand it, when you turn the key, ...   Dec 1 2006, 04:08 PM
Dave_Darling  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 07:52 AM