Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 911 struts and 986 calipers for neo914, RSR type front spring perches, Koni adjustable?
neo914-6
post Dec 3 2006, 01:57 AM
Post #1

neo life

Group: Members
Member No.: 159

The car currently has 3" caliper spaced struts so I purchased these to istsall Boxster calipers. The seller said these are adjustable sport Konis but they don't have the same fitting for an adjustment knob like on my V8 914. I'll know more after I disassemble them for powder coat. I won't use the coil perches.

I'm in the market for black Boxster rear calipers so I use Rich Johnson adapters and MSDS parking brake.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jim912928
post Dec 3 2006, 07:51 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 1,536
Region Association: Upper MidWest

my adjustable koni's (in 71 911T strut) are the older kind...the newer ones have knobs...to adjust mine you have to rotate the strut clockwise/counterclockwise and listen for clicks...pain in the ass

Attached Image

Fully compress the shock absorber, at the same time turning the dust cap or piston rod slowly to the left (anti-clockwise), until it is felt that the cams of the adjusting nut engage in the recesses of the foot valve assembly (fig. 1).
NOTE: Some shock absorbers include a bump rubber concealed under the dust cover and this must be removed prior to adjusting. Don’t forget to re-install.
Keeping the shock absorber compressed make 1 full turn (360°) to the right (clockwise). The total range is about 5 half turns (fig. 2).
Extend the shock absorber vertically for at least 1 cm without turning in order to disengage the adjusting mechanism. The dust cap or piston rod may now be turned freely.

WARNING: Adjust both left and right dampers identically. Failure to do so may lead to unstable handling and uneven tyre tread wear.
+Quote Post
Jeroen
post Dec 3 2006, 09:50 AM
Post #3

914 Guru

Member No.: 3
Region Association: Europe

QUOTE(neo914-6 @ Dec 3 2006, 08:57 AM) *
I won't use the coil perches.

will they be for sale?
+Quote Post
sixnotfour
post Dec 3 2006, 12:20 PM
Post #4

914 Wizard

Member No.: 2,744
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

Struts are missing the Distance ring / Spacer ring , (spaces bearing and seal rides on).90134162300
Koni struts take a special insert.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 05:18 PM