Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Off Topic MP3 Player Question
VaccaRabite
post Dec 5 2006, 07:09 AM
Post #21

En Garde!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,435
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Re: trading in a gen III iPod for a new one. I just walked into a Mac store at the mall the day before my honemoon. I told them what I wanted, they asked what i had. I walked in with aseveral year old 40gig GenIII and walked out with an 80gig Video, with the camera dock. Apple cuts 10% off for the trade in program, so you are not going to save a bundle. But it was enough to pay for the tax, and get me the camera doc for no extra money.

As far as buying music from iTunes, I can not reccomend it. There are so many places out there that are cheaper. Plus, and this is big, iTunes uses an apple propritary encoding (aac I think) on its music. This keeps the music from being "shared" and also limits how many computers it can be active on. Fuck that. If I am going to buy compressed music, I am going to buy MP3s that I can use where and how I want.

I get my music from www.allofmp3.com. You get entire albums there for the cost of 2 or 3 songs on iTunes. I think that they also have a broader selection of music.

For audio books (which I listen to every morning and evening while commuting to work and home) I use www.audible.com. I am on one of thier subscrition plans. Its something like $25 a month, and you get 2 free books a month. As it happens, I listen to about 2 books a month, so it works out quite well.

Zach
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Jax914
post Dec 5 2006, 07:36 AM
Post #22

Schwienhund Rennenmannshaft

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,602
Region Association: South East States

only experience is with the ipod with video...

It'll import all your mp3's regardless of source. There is a limitless supply of music/video/audio files. Almost everyone makes it ipod compatible.

There are lots of free converters / rippers out there to help get both movies, short clips and music ready for your ipod. iTunes works ok.

We did have one incident where we had to reset the ipod....but like everything else on computers, we had backups of files....you do backup right?

I've got no head unit at all - a patch wire from ipod to the amp works great.

HTH,
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2024 - 11:56 PM