Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Engine only runs with MPS vacuum hose disconnected, Try to figure this one out...
loux951
post Dec 5 2006, 10:49 PM
Post #1

NOLA 914

Group: Members
Member No.: 758
Region Association: South East States

Here's the situation...my 1970 1.7 with FI will only start if I disconnect the MPS vacuum hose. The engine was running rich, I checked the old MPS (didn't hold a vacuum) so I replaced it.

The only way I can start the car now is to disconnect the vacuum hose from the MPS (puts the car in the same scenario as when the broken MPS was on) and it runs rich. As the car is running, I reconnect hose to the new MPS and the car dies out. There is definately vacuum pulling from the hose. I'm guessing that the MPS is sensing the vacuum, adjusting (leaning) the mixture appropriately, and the car stalls.

I've check and adjusted the fuel pressure.

Any ideas? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Bleyseng
post Dec 5 2006, 11:13 PM
Post #2

Aircooled Baby!

Group: Members
Member No.: 24
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

if you need the engine to have full rich on to start and run it something is wrong maybe the CHT? Check that first....
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th May 2024 - 04:18 AM