Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Hoosier A6 versus Kumho V710's, Which one better for loose asphalt for AX?
nine14cats
post Dec 6 2006, 03:22 PM
Post #1

Bill Pickering -- 914-6 GT aka....Leeloo

Group: Members
Member No.: 287
Region Association: None

We in Northern California appear to have lost our best AX site for the short term at Alameda Naval station. Nice large grippy concrete that provides great traction. As the majority of events were held there over the past several years, I had decided next year to try out the Hoosier A6's to match the Hoosier R6's I have for the track.

We will now be rotating around the region at more traditional venues such as Candlestick Park in San Francisco. The stadium parking lot does offer elevation changes, but the surface is asphalt that is often torn up and full of glass and sharp metal. Also, the surface is cooler in temperature than Alameda.

The change in sites has lead me to re-evaluate if I should try the Kumho V710's or even run the Victoracers or V70A's. Does anyone have first hand experience running these tires on asphalt? I don't want to use the A6's or the V710's and tear them up if they have trouble with the asphalt and/or loose shittage of a football stadium parking lot versus smooth concrete.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Bill P.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
nine14cats   Hoosier A6 versus Kumho V710's   Dec 6 2006, 03:22 PM
grantsfo   I have run Hoosier A5's, Kumho Victoracers and...   Dec 6 2006, 04:17 PM
Randal  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 07:51 PM