Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Model Specific Information

914/4: 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 914/6: 70 71 72

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> So why rebuild an engine to original specs?
BIG OLE 4
post Dec 25 2006, 12:50 PM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,375

The intake event of my 9550 is mild and near stock, this helps the 9550 to have a smooth idle at lower RPM than other altered cams.

This cam was developed especially for D jet engines and is very effective in extending the usable RPM range, adding power, cooling off running temps and attaining better MPG.

Jake Raby
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
BIG OLE 4
post Dec 25 2006, 12:51 PM
Post #22

The intake event of my 9550 is mild and near stock, this helps the 9550 to have a smooth idle at lower RPM than other altered cams.

This cam was developed especially for D jet engines and is very effective in extending the usable RPM range, adding power, cooling off running temps and attaining better MPG.

Jake Raby
+Quote Post
BIG OLE 4
post Dec 25 2006, 12:52 PM
Post #23

Jake Raby
+Quote Post
BIG OLE 4
post Dec 25 2006, 12:53 PM
Post #24

Damn... Thats the firdt triple post I've ever made !!!!LOL
+Quote Post
Aaron Cox
post Dec 25 2006, 04:07 PM
Post #25

Professional Lawn Dart

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 219
Region Association: Southern California

jake - why didnt you log in with your "massive account"
+Quote Post
914runnow
post Dec 26 2006, 10:15 PM
Post #26

Member No.: 1,948
Region Association: None

QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Dec 9 2006, 06:29 PM) *

There is a place for mods and improvements and I fully respect and admire all the different approaches we see here. But if I ever need to rebuild my engine for my car, I would keep it to OEM bone stock specs if at all possible. The only time I would change it if stock parts were just simply not available.

Seems like everyone wants something more/different/'better'/faster/custom/special/whatever. Stock is refreshing to me, in part because so few are keeping these cars stock, so while stock was common before, now its very rare to see a stock 914. I like my 914s stock, I like the experience of driving them stock and I know myself well enough that anything differnet than the way the factory built it annoys me.

I know....I know...some people think I am a nutcase, I am a nutcase....but at least I drive and enjoy my 914 everyday...and I am not always trying to improve it....There would be too many decisions to make, and none of them would be....'right'. For me stock=right.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)
I bought USA spec piston/barrel sets German OEM..
for my 73 2.0.....
BUT LET THE JUDGES SMILE ON MY BEHALF..
If I ever tie for first...in the Restoration class..
I will use my >stock< engine internals as the tie breaker !!
With a full set of receipts to prove it..
PLUS...
no tummy tuck/boob job/face lift/collagen injection/lipo suction Etc..
Just as I married it...Is fine with me.. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grouphug.gif)
+Quote Post
Bleyseng
post Dec 27 2006, 10:46 AM
Post #27

Aircooled Baby!

Member No.: 24
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(BIG OLE 4 @ Dec 25 2006, 10:52 AM) *

Jake Raby

This is what sold me on the 9550 cam and it delivered in the 3 engines I have installed it in...

Sometimes modern design and testing surpasses "stock" because Porsche nor VW had much time or money to do it right in the first place.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th April 2024 - 12:31 AM