Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Seat Belt Install, Putting new Passenger on Drivers Side?
marc_hines
post Nov 15 2003, 01:37 AM
Post #1

Anal Software Engineer

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,341

Well, my expeirnce(s) with auto atlanta's customer service continue to be painful. No one there seems to know what they are doing. I know they are celebaring 25 years of excellence - I'm sorry I msssed them all.

The 'Set' of seat belts is really just two passenger sides - and now they tell me that there are no more new driver side retractable seat belts.

They do tell me it is possible to mount a passenger side bele on the drivers side, and after looking things over I think that I can with a simple modifcation. The chrome 'loop' has a bracket that is hidden by a cover - and this is the only visible part of the seat belt that I may need to swap. I can pry it off and reverse it (I will practive the procedure and a 914 seat belt I already have).

Has anyone tried putting a passenger belt on the drivers side? Do I just worry to much?

Marc...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
marc_hines   Seat Belt Install   Nov 15 2003, 01:37 AM
John Jentz   Before you start, make sure the reel will fit in t...   Nov 15 2003, 10:39 AM
Aaron Cox   i got my new sets from P.E.P. parts. ill have to l...   Nov 15 2003, 11:09 AM
Nemo914   I had issue with AA on this as well. I ordered a ...   Nov 15 2003, 06:10 PM
marc_hines   Thanks for all the info. The guide piece is black...   Nov 15 2003, 10:53 PM
gklinger   They apparently don't know shit. This is in r...   Nov 16 2003, 10:16 AM
!   www.peparts.com don't deal with Lucas the own...   Nov 16 2003, 10:49 AM
marc_hines   John, All, I unwound the belt from a used passeng...   Nov 18 2003, 12:15 AM
double-a  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 05:40 AM