Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Right Rear Rust, Also tired of grinding
thomasotten
post Nov 16 2003, 11:58 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,349

I spent the weekend gnawing off the right rear suspension console which had a big crack in it. I also removed some of the upper longitudinal that was pitted. As I can now see into the logitudinal with a light, I need some advice as to how I should aproach the rust behind the jack post. This area is double walled, and I didn't know if the "inner wheelhouse, lower portion" was double walled as well. Would cutting this piece out and patching cause the frame to flex while on jack stands? My door gaps are fine, but I would like to get in their and try to fix any longitudinal rust. Also, the "clambshells" would be another option, which I presume covers the rusted areas. Has anyone done this repair before? Any advice would be great.

Thomas

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 11:55 PM