Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> learned a lesson about "high performance summer" tires, tonight....
Aaron Cox
post Jan 15 2007, 12:26 PM
Post #21

Professional Lawn Dart

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 219
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(Joe Ricard @ Jan 15 2007, 10:15 AM) *

SO I read your post a couple times Aaron. and deduced what you did wrong. Too fast in. and then chickened out mid corner and lifted off the gas. Transfered any traction you did have on the back right into wieght transfer on the front.
Oh and you actually thought that ES100's are good tires.

too fast in for the conditions.... and rolled back off the gas mid corner when it started to come around (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

ok... let me roll home an put my A032R's on..... im sure they will stick even better in the cold LOL
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ClayPerrine
post Jan 15 2007, 01:45 PM
Post #22

Life's been good to me so far.....

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,143
Region Association: NineFourteenerVille

I have run AX courses in everything from 100+ degree days to times when you didn't want to hit a pylon because it would either shatter or leave a dent ( NO SHIT.. throw the cone out of the transport truck, and it breaks on the frozen asphalt). From torrential rain to ice storms.

The one thing I learned is that High Performance tires don't like the cold. The best I have ever run in the cold were the first generation Comp TAs. The KDWs that are on my car right now are fairly good in the cold, but with no heater, I don't drive it much in the cold.

Aaron.. glad you are OK and learned something without bending the car. That puts you one step in front of me. I actually wrecked a car at Green Valley raceway in the cold rain finding out the same thing you just learned. (It was my first Porsche - A 924). Slid sideways into a pedestrian bridge on the back side of the course. Too bad that place is now a housing development.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2024 - 08:07 PM