Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> "Ultimate" 800 HP V8 race 914 on Ebay, $250k spent but yours for...?
Andyrew
post Jan 22 2007, 02:20 AM
Post #21

Spooling.... Please wait

Group: Members
Member No.: 172
Region Association: Northern California

Sadly I've never seen it..

Heard tons of stories..

Any guesses on the reserve?

Im guessing 60k.

PS: why so heavy? He's got a TON of reinforcements... dear god..
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
byndbad914
post Jan 22 2007, 03:30 PM
Post #22

shoehorn and some butter - it fits

Member No.: 5,463
Region Association: None

QUOTE(Andyrew @ Jan 22 2007, 01:20 AM) *

PS: why so heavy? He's got a TON of reinforcements... dear god..
You would be surprised how quickly weight adds up - I know I was. Also note he said DRY weight - so wet would be at least 100# more with fuel, water and oil (dry sump would be a case minimum). Mine is 2645 wet (case of oil, water and ~10gals fuel) with 1975 doors (reinforced/fully assembled with glass+winders), steel lids front and rear, two huge coolers (one trans one oil), 16"x30" radiator, cooling lines, heavier transaxle (the 901 is about as light as they come v. a 930 or Pantera ZF). wing+uprights, bigger brakes, in his case larger wheels and tires (v. nice light 16s many race teeners run), on and on. Sounds like his car is mostly a tub car whereas mine is a chunk of the stock body (A pillar, around the doors and up to the sail) and tube chassis. I was 2,305lbs with my tub car, no cage whatsoever or or dry sump for comparison.

I have to admit I have probably an extra 100lbs of bar in my car to help relieve my pucker factor that many folks would consider (and I mostly agree) to be too much/wasted weight, but I have NO flex whatsoever.

And 800HP must feel phenomenal. Last time out when I nailed mine rolling onto the track with 525HP/438lb-ft it is sportbike fast and 1st gear on my 930 hits about 70mph almost instantaneously, so 800HP must make your eyes feel like they are bleeding.
+Quote Post
Randal
post Jan 22 2007, 09:11 PM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Member No.: 750

QUOTE(Dan (Almaden Valley) @ Jan 21 2007, 06:37 PM) *

1:52s and :53s
Matt Lowrance 1:52
Masuo Robinson in his 3.2L semi-framed 911 tub...1:54

all of these cars are much less than $250K

that was my point before that the person who wrote the ad used 1:53 as some magical number that required geometric dollars to run.

Very nice car, but $250K (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

Yea, and we may well have a couple of those cars (Mat Lowrance being one) at the AutoX school this summer. Wouldn't it be fun to watch them run at lunch?
+Quote Post
neo914-6
post Feb 5 2007, 04:45 PM
Post #24

neo life

Member No.: 159

$58,100.00
Reserve not met (it was not 75k)

I'll let you know if he parts out...
+Quote Post
Mueller
post Feb 5 2007, 04:53 PM
Post #25

914 Freak!

Member No.: 87
Region Association: None

think he'll make more by parting it out???

Felix, up for lunch on Tuesday?

AnthonyS is driving down to pick up some of my garage sale items around lunch time..............
+Quote Post
neo914-6
post Feb 5 2007, 05:48 PM
Post #26

neo life

QUOTE(Mueller @ Feb 5 2007, 02:53 PM) *

think he'll make more by parting it out???

Felix, up for lunch on Tuesday?

AnthonyS is driving down to pick up some of my garage sale items around lunch time..............

hard to tell what's on Elmer's mind sometimes...

Ok for lunch 12:00 at your place, my only appt's are evening conference calls (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)

Do I need to bring a check for the calipers?
+Quote Post
neo914-6
post Jun 9 2007, 01:05 PM
Post #27

neo life

Back on the Market

This car is one of a kind. It is being relisted because the buyer was unable to complete the transaction. I believe it to be the fastest road racing 914 ever built. It has every race performance part and modification to win races in any classification. Moreover, with a change of tire which I have the car is street legal !!

Obviously, it is a purpose built race car, however, since it is a 1975 chassis the car has current california registration and title and is driven on the street for light weight testing, car shows etc.

I am selling this car because I now have 3 race cars and I want to focus on a GT1 championship with a tube frame Corvette bodies ex-Trans AM car. This is a big loss for me over $45,000 was spent last year alone modifying the chassis, supension, and running gear. Overall, this project has more than $250,000 in it. Probably making it the most expesnsive 914 race car in history. Why would someone do this? CRAZY! But I wanted to have a midengine car that could run down NASCAR's and ohter high end Porsche race cars. So I did it.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th June 2024 - 06:32 PM