Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> AX brakes vs. Racing brakes..., what setup or both????
BKLA
post Jan 30 2007, 10:13 AM
Post #1

Really old member

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,590
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

The narrow body AX/race car I purchased last October has Boxster brakes up front and "m" front calipers mounted at the rear. I just ordered Rich Johnson's rear boxster kit for the 914 and will install it before the first AX this season up here... seems like a good idea to have a matched set of brakes that are engineered to work with each other. (I believe that the car is in E mod for the PCA AX, but honestly, I have no idea.) This is all well and good for AX, but places me in all kinds of weird and uncompetative classes in PCA, SCCA and is not legal for histerical classes.

I am not planning to race the car this season, but would like to go thru a few DE days and an SCCA drivers school in order to re-activate a 15 year lapsed license... Next year though, I would like to do a few historicals as well as an SCCA race or two.

Anyway, now I have a good set of "M" fronts, a set of "M" rear (smaller piston size) calipers (rebuilt) and I was thinking...Hmmmm

I could put together a complete set of front struts and rear trailing arms with these brakes and have a legal historical, SCCA and PCA system that I could just bolt on. Of course, I need shocks to match, but I have a set of front struts as well as trailing arms with elephant racing bearings installed - so this seems like a no brainer.

Am I over thinking this? - I'm not out to win, been there done that...I'm out to have a really good time - so running in the other classes in an uncompetative car shouldn't really matter.

Any advise from the peanut gallery?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 07:43 PM