Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 911 CIS Motors, Has anyone run high compression pistons?
Justinp71
post Feb 8 2007, 12:04 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,922
Region Association: None

In Wayne, "how to rebuild and modify porsche engines" book one of his "top engine picks" on pg 113 he shows a high compression 2.7l with 964 cams.

When I called Rennshift about piston prices they recommended not to run High compression pistons in a CIS motor b/c your cylinder head temp will run high from not getting enough fuel.

Anyone have any experience with this?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Eric_Shea
post Feb 8 2007, 12:16 PM
Post #2

PMB Performance

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,110
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

No "real world" experience but, I have a 930/07 engine and when contemplating what to do with it, everything power wise related to HC and lumpy cams. None of which work with CIS.

CIS systems use mild cams (hence the stock 964 cams). CIS does not like intake pulses. Because of the weird piston in the CIS motor... there's not much in the way of a cam you can do so you would "have" to get some different pistons.

I'm not familiar with Wayne's book or the HC 2.7 CIS motor but those things don't sound quite "right". Meaning, I can't really comment on it because I've yet to see it, build it or even drive it but a HC CIS combination seems to go against standard theory. The folks at Rennshift sound a little more on target.
+Quote Post
Eric_Shea
post Feb 8 2007, 12:17 PM
Post #3

PMB Performance

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,110
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

P.S. I'm building mine (930/07) with 9.5:1 JE's, S-Cams and MFI.
+Quote Post
TravisNeff
post Feb 8 2007, 12:23 PM
Post #4

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 447
Region Association: Southwest Region

Take a peek over at the 911 pelicanparts BBS. There is a thread going on about CIS cam selection and pistons/compression. Sounds like some were doing 9.8 to 1 JE pistons, 964 cams in a 3.0 engine. There is other talk of 2.7 engines and short stroke 3.2's all using CIS with modifications
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 02:49 AM