Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Is it wrong to want to beat someone's knee caps out?, NOT OT. 914 related. Pics up second page.
DerekKim
post Feb 16 2007, 12:47 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,635

Hey... So I get off of work tonight right? I go over to a 24 hour auto parts store. Get a new air filter and some fuel injector cleaner. To treat her right ya know. Well I pull out of the parking lot. Turn right and go to the light and make a u turn. I look ahead. Clear. I am still rolling and I turn. Shifting now 2nd into 3rd and wham! and the tires squealing. It's just clicked in my mind. "Someone just hit me". I'm pretty sure I'm ok. Car stalled, lights were ON. I get out of my car. This guy is in the middle lane window rolled down cussing me out. Not an "Are you ok?" "or an "I'm sorry I rearended you" but a your f-ing dumb. So they pull out in front of me. Ok he gets out of his car and so does his concubine. She starts flipping me off tellin me it's a rental and I'm done etc. So the guy says, "How much you got?". I said. "huh?" He said "We can settle this right now without the cops." I said "I'm a minor. I'm calling my dad" SO he said "Fine we'll call the cops and they will settle this." Well the cop gets there and he asks for my license and insurance etc. I said ok. So I'm sitting in my car waiting for the cop to come over for my info and the guy that hit me comes over to my car and, trying to be all buddy buddy says, "Hey everything is ok we are just going to exchange information etc.". I was on the phone with my dad and with my mouth open said, "You need to leave. You were cussing at me and threatening me. I don't want to talk to you." So he comes back with another "f you" and a "Wait until they leave". Now I'm not a small kid and I keep a big wrench used for tightening trailer hitch balls by my parking brake. I get out of my car and told him "What was that? What are you going to do after the cops leave?" Loud enough to where the cops could hear me. So my dad shows up and the cop comes over and gets my side of the story. I didn't get a ticket. Wasn't my fault. About that time it hit me and I just started crying. I love my car. It's what makes me happy. now my AX trip is canceled next weekend which I got the time off for and was getting it all ready to go. I had to have the car towed home. I barely got it 40 feet into my garage as the rear passenger side fender is crumpled and rubbing on the tire. I will get pics tomorrow. I might have to come with a post on "If it totals what can I do to get the most out of it" Or it will be a "Is this fixable and if so how much would it cost".

Vent mode off.

Brief story?
Douche bag hit me. Cusses me out.
His fault.
No ticket.
Might need help later on if it's fixable or not and if totaled I may need some help getting as much as I can.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
So.Cal.914
post Feb 16 2007, 12:55 AM
Post #2

"...And it has a front trunk too."

Member No.: 1,658
Region Association: None

Wow...so sorry, at least your alive the car can be fixed or replaced.

You may be with out a car now but that is temporary, the guy that hit you

will ALWAYS be an a$$hole.
+Quote Post
Rusty
post Feb 16 2007, 12:56 AM
Post #3

Wanted: Engine case GA003709

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

I'm glad you're okay. You should be proud of the maturity you displayed and the way you handled things.

Take some time and write out everything. Go take some pictures of the area, especially any skid marks. Get lots of pictures of your car. Start gathering receipts.

Hang in there... this is the beginning of a long process... but don't lose hope. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
boxstr
post Feb 16 2007, 12:58 AM
Post #4

MEMBER:PACIFIC NORTHWEST REGION

Member No.: 12
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I wouldn't have blamed you if you had knocked the ass on his butt.
Sorry that it happened, hope it all works out okay in the end.
CCL
+Quote Post
DerekKim
post Feb 16 2007, 01:01 AM
Post #5

That true. But this was me. It's what I loved to do. Sure I wasn't an awesome mechanic , heck I'm not even a mechanic. I just wing it but I loved it. I now have nothing to work on. I'm sure I'll get over it. Just irritated and sad at the same time. I'm sure he will be. My neck hurts tonight. I will find out in a few days. Pops gave me a zanax.... mmm sleepy time soon.
+Quote Post
DerekKim
post Feb 16 2007, 01:05 AM
Post #6

Thanks guys. Yeah it was dark but I don't think there were skid marks because he didn't even try to stop. I will have to start gathering etc. I'm sure it will work out in the long run. We will see. I'll hang in there.
+Quote Post
Gary
post Feb 16 2007, 01:11 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 134
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Sounds like you did a great job de-escelating a bad situation. I predict it will work out fine - you may even get a new paintjob outta the deal.
+Quote Post
So.Cal.914
post Feb 16 2007, 01:13 AM
Post #8

"...And it has a front trunk too."

Member No.: 1,658

Go get checked out by a doctor, a spinal injury(your neck) can get much worse

if injured and not treated correctly. I know we feel nothing can hurt us when

we are young but trust me on this ...have it checked.
+Quote Post
Rusty
post Feb 16 2007, 01:17 AM
Post #9

Wanted: Engine case GA003709

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

Paul is absolutely correct.

If you hurt, go to the doctor. Certain parts of your body just don't heal properly on their own.

You don't want to be 40 or 50... with constant back/neck pain because you neglected something years earlier.
+Quote Post
sww914
post Feb 16 2007, 01:20 AM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 6,146

The insurance company will be the next big hassle. Arm yourself with information. Find lots of ads for 914's similar to yours, the very most expensive ads you can find, to prove to the adjuster that your car's worth more than $300.00 or whatever. Don't print out ads for original 914-6's with 5,000 miles unless that's what your car is, it will look like you're lying, but find all the highest, crazy priced cars the most like yours.
The adjuster's job is supposed to be a fair setttlement, but often what they really try to do is pay as little as possible for repairs and total loss settlements. If you can prove that your car's worth a lot, they won't try to total it unless they have to.
If they're really trying to screw you, call your state's department of insurance and file a complaint.
+Quote Post
DerekKim
post Feb 16 2007, 01:22 AM
Post #11

Thanks. Yeah I feel that I am extremely calm in horrendous situations. It's a gift that I really do appreciate. I'm sure it will work out. Plus it is a rental car company? I really want my baby. I don't want it totaled out but can't aford 3k worth of repair work.

Paul- I am. I have a general doctors appointment Monday. We will see if he knows of someone good for spinal. My back already hurts.
+Quote Post
DerekKim
post Feb 16 2007, 01:26 AM
Post #12

Well it might also help that my dad is an insurance adjuster. When my bro got in an accident it was handled quick. They have to put a note in the file saying that his father is an adjuster. Adjusters help adjusters out (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif). I will start finding ads asap. The guy I bought it from told me 56k miles and I have put less than thirteen on it.
+Quote Post
URY914
post Feb 16 2007, 06:54 AM
Post #13

I built the lightest 914 in the history of mankind.
****************************************************************************************************

Member No.: 222

Let us know what parts you need. We'll help you out.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
jimkelly
post Feb 16 2007, 06:55 AM
Post #14

Delaware USA

Member No.: 2,460
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

the usa incarcerates more people than any other country - yet - pieces of crap like the guy that hit you still share our world. good for you for keeping your cool - if you would have given him some physical lovin : ) for being an asshole - you would have been spending tons on lawyers and probably would have gotten jail time to boot. the system is favorable to scum bags. hopefully in a few weeks you will have cooled down even more and put the whole episode behind you. all the best - jim
+Quote Post
jd74914
post Feb 16 2007, 08:13 AM
Post #15

Its alive

Member No.: 1,659
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(URY914 @ Feb 16 2007, 07:54 AM) *

Let us know what parts you need. We'll help you out.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) Glad you're ok . . . the body work can be a learning experience too (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)
+Quote Post
Phoenix914
post Feb 16 2007, 08:20 AM
Post #16

Member No.: 7,322
Region Association: South East States

The way you handled yourself with that asshat is commendable. Good advice already has been given here, so I won't add my .02. Best of luck getting everything sorted out with fixing your car. Maybe someone here can recommend a good body shop in your area that will bring your baby back to life. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welder.gif)

When I was 16 I rear-ended a drunk illegal alien. He said he would forget about it if I gave him come cocaine. I was like (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif) The cops hauled him off in the back seat and I just got a ticket. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) He fled the country before his trial.
+Quote Post
Bleyseng
post Feb 16 2007, 09:20 AM
Post #17

Aircooled Baby!

Member No.: 24
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(Lawrence @ Feb 15 2007, 11:17 PM) *

Paul is absolutely correct.

If you hurt, go to the doctor. Certain parts of your body just don't heal properly on their own.

You don't want to be 40 or 50... with constant back/neck pain because you neglected something years earlier.

No shit, I am 54 yr old and have suffered with neck pain for 10 yrs due to a stupid accident a long time ago. Go to the DR and get it checked out.
+Quote Post
wbergtho
post Feb 16 2007, 09:41 AM
Post #18

Member No.: 623

Make this asshole's insurance company (in this case the rental car company) pick up the tab for your chiropractor/medical bills for life...not to mention a cash settlement for any permanent injury resulting from this accident. Go get a good lawyer.
+Quote Post
Borderline
post Feb 16 2007, 10:03 AM
Post #19

Member No.: 3,577
Region Association: Northern California

Did the a$$hole get a ticket?? What does the police report say?? The police report will carry a lot of weight in any negotiations with the insurance company.

You showed great maturity.

Good luck.
+Quote Post
burton73
post Feb 16 2007, 10:14 AM
Post #20

burton73

Member No.: 7,414
Region Association: Southern California

As a young man it seems like your hole world has been crushed in front of you. The truth is your body is more important that the car will ever be. Thank god you walked away from it and lets hope your injures are not that bad.

Now work on getting money for any pain you have. My thinking is if some hits you and you have pain some one is going to pay. The guys have made some good points.

The thing to remember is it will take time to get back where it was but as in life you need to take it one step at a time, but it will get back where it was. The car can be fixed or replaced. What insurance Co. do you have?

Bob
+Quote Post

4 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th May 2024 - 06:38 PM