Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> OT: Blast Cabinet/Bench Idea... video rendering within., suggestions or ideas welcome
snflupigus
post Feb 25 2007, 12:26 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,163
Region Association: None

blastcabinet avi

I would probably build the base out of 2x4 and the top would be like 1 inch mdf. the frame for the blast cabinet itself would probably be 1" steel screwed into the top/bench 1" mdf... I was going to use a piano hinge for the pivot but i think 2 large bolts on each edge of the frame in back would be stronger.

for the catch i will have to figure out some heavy duty rubber or something to fall into my little carry around sand blaster from sears that way its a continuous feed of sand.

it would be side load with both sides hinged.

when opened there will be lock pins through the side frame to the front of the work area base.

i think i can order just the gloves from a company i found online.

maybe some gas struts to help open it too.

i dont know how much dust is generated as ive never used a sand blast cabinet before.. should i look at plumbing in a dust catcher?

I just cant see myself spending 300 for a metal one from harbor frieght but i want one big enough to do things like sway bars and wheels. BUT i dont want to loose a whole section of garage to have one.

thanks.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th May 2024 - 05:11 AM