Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Young new dance partner--a 944 Cabrio, I wonder if the "old" 914 will be jealous
PinetreePorsche
post Feb 28 2007, 06:48 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,124

Did it today. Picked up a v. nice all black '90 944 S2 Cabrio and drove it straight to a good 944 shop for timing belt replacement--on illegal plates! Sure steers different than my almost stock 2.0 Teener. Didn't goose it, as I don't know about the age of that belt, but guess it out-hussles the 914, but can't corner with it. Not sure I'll dance with this one for too long, but the $6.5 grand price made it worthwhile. And just about flawless! As the mechanic noted, speechless, I could flip it for double tomorrow, over 15g tuned and detailed. I'll use it for a season, 'till fall, and then decide if she's a keeper. I need it like a hole in the muffler, but I had to bite--won't get another crack at a real luxury GT car so cheap, even if it's just a fling. Guess my insurance will be up a bit. Haven't even put the top down yet. Should be out of the shop early next week.
Some of you probably wonder how I got the other half to approve. Sadly, Lost my wife to cancer 20 months ago. Hadn't planned to get even one, but have bought 3 Porsches in 18 months! ?Compensation? -I guess everyone always did say they're the next best thing to sex.
Y'all VA-MD-ers: this makes it hard to know what to drive to what event, but see you out there. And if the 9014 isn't ready to take to Hershey, maybe I'll drive this. Now to wire in an ignition kill switch. -Chris
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 12:20 PM