Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> D'oh! My -6 won't start..., Some help for the check writer please...
smj
post Mar 3 2007, 03:43 AM
Post #1

"Dude, Steve from Berkeley."

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,691
Region Association: Northern California

So a month or two ago I went four or maybe six weeks without running the 3.0l SC motor in my 914-6. I had been firing it up every other weekend, but things happened.... Anyway, no joy regardless of where the hand throttle sits. Every now and again it taunts me by sounding as if it fired on one revolution.

The motor is carbed, not fuel injected. Plenty of juice in the battery, the starter motor is happy to turn, there's gas in the tank. I know I need fuel, air, and spark -- the question is how to check that these things are getting to where they need to go. I feel a thrumming in the engine bay fuel lines when the key is in the right position, and I can hear the fuel pump running.

How do I confirm that I'm getting a pulse to the spark plugs without a clamp-type electrical meter?

Links to tutorials would be welcome. I did try a couple of searches before posting, but the keywords I used must've been way too broad...

Thanks,
--Steve.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th May 2024 - 06:21 AM