Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Fuel pump and fuel lines, Am I missing something?
914zim
post Nov 28 2003, 01:51 PM
Post #1

Still pretty clueless...

Group: Members
Member No.: 962

Hey Guys:
It's been a while since I've had a chance to work on the 914 and post to this list.
I finally had some time today, but didn't get very far. I'm hoping you guys can give me some help on this.
Heres the details:
All fuel lines replaced. Gas tank was removed and sealed. Fuel filter replaced. Sock filter cleaned. Flexible fuel lines are coming into engine compartment, but not connected. I'm trying to determine which is the pressure line so I can connect up properly with new lines.
I put a soda can at the end of each line in the engine compartment and expected one of them to get gas in it when I turned the key. The gas tank is about 1/3 full with fresh gas. I can hear the fuel pump work for about 1 second when I turn the key to first position and if I turn the key to the second position it sounds like it'll run until I release the key, but I'm not sure if this is the pump working or something else working, but both soda cans are still bone dry. I have the starter disconnected, so the engine won't turn, but I still expected one of the soda cans to fill with gas when I turned the key.
What am I missing here? Any thoughts? Any help is greatly appreciated.
I'm bummed that I finally get some quality time with the 914 and I'm already stuck!
Thanks fellas.
Andy...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 04:28 AM