Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Thanks, Jim!, Needed your help more than I realized
Phoenix914
post Mar 26 2007, 01:32 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,322
Region Association: South East States

I just wanted to post a public THANK YOU to Jim Kelly for helping me yesterday. Although we are new friends, he treats me like we've been buds for years.

Four years ago I started working on my 914, having no idea just how much needed to be done to it. Yesterday, after a full day of wrenching for some final mechanical peace of mind, I drove the car to the body shop for what minor body work it needs and a fresh paint job! In addition to the BS that usually happens in the garage, we replaced the shift shaft seal on the transaxle and installed my new-to-me stainless heat exchangers. Jim then followed me to the body shop, over an hour each way, to then help me remove bumpers, seals, taillights, and engine grill to save me a little $$ and take me back home. After we left I told him it felt like I just dropped my kid off at daycare for the first time. It made me realize how much of myself I've put into this car.

It's people like Jim Kelly that make groups like 914world worthy of being involved with. I also want to thank Jim's wife, Chie, for letting me have him all day. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Here's a before picture, taken the day this 914 rolled into my life. After pictures will follow, hopefully in a couple of weeks.

Attached Image

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Phoenix914   Thanks, Jim!   Mar 26 2007, 01:32 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 09:06 PM