Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Stolen Car at gunpoint 4-5-07 UPDATE 4-08, Bmw M3
Heeltoe914
post Apr 6 2007, 02:16 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,506

I know its not 914 related but but it could happen to you I need eye right now.

Well this is not a good night. I was about a mile from home in a parking lot with people around having coffee and coming in and out of shop at the stripe mall. Two keep it short I was approached by two Spanish guys one pulled a gun choked it and said give me your keys. I did he than said give me your cell phone and off thay went followed by a blk truck. I know thay found me from the cars FS add, Thay stole my 99 M3.
I am scared, nervous and very shock up. Police have already come and gone and I am alive. Thank god. I live in a very nice area but I have learned a long time ago crime is everywhere and tonight it was my turn.
I was at gunpoint. It really is not a good feeling.

If anyone see this car iin the LA area its a 99 M3 with the carbon fiber wing and clear lenes and a light tent all around. It has or had AC split 5 spoke rims. Please just call the Police and stay clear. As I did. I can be reached at 818 266 7774 Only asking you guys to stay on the lookout. As felt tonight life is golden respect it.I have posted on like 5 club boards I know it may have no effect but I just cant sit and do nothing.

LAPD CONTACT BOB GRANT 818 834 3158

LIC # 5RYA008 VIN WBSBG933XXEY82556
If anyone can get this info over to other website related to BMW that would be great. bimmer .org. bmw club etc, Email me and I will send you pic to upload.

2am I cant sleep all I can do is write on forms, posting here and on Criaglists to do something to make me feel better.

UPDATE 4-9-07 THANKS TO EVERYONE.

I just wont to give a big thanks to all of you who have taken a moment to read about what happen to me. I am OK, thanks to friends and family. I was unable to express to many detail after it happen but some of you figured it out. Yes I was set up by what the PD and I believe to be Simi pro car thief gang. That got an order for either parts from my car or the whole car and this guy was not going to go with out it. That evening a 8pm I meet them in a crowded parking lot with people coming in and out of store and others setting around having coffee. I showed them the car and went on a test drive within minute the guy asked if the car had lojack or any other tracking system on it. I don’t now why but that question made me very uneasy (alarm 1). I speeded very quickly back in the direction of the parking lot where we had meet up but before we got back he asked if I would dive down this other street to test the bumps (alarm 2) I said no I don’t feel comfortable driving down a street with someone I don’t know. So at High speed I continued over to the parking lot parked got him and I out of the car and tried to end this by telling him OK I got to go things to do, He was trying hard to keep me there but I reached for the door and at that moment he said I am taking the car as he pulled out his shirt and a black gun. He choked it in my face and said I taking this car and told me to give him the keys as I slowly moved back. He than said Give me your cell phone. I did, as he had my stuff he than ask that I don’t walk one way but walk the other way I did and after getting fare enough away I heard the car start I turned as he left followed by a black truck.
I write all this because many have and will sale cars or something in the future. I often pick up used parts not knowing where I am going. I have sold over 30 cars to private parties, But it takes only one gun held to your face in a public parking lot to make you rethink how you go about it. I hope that by sharing my event with everyone it will make you take precaution to maybe prevent this happening to you. But as I have learned if thay wont it, thay will take it, Be smart give it up, its only a car. And you will thank god you did after there gone. Now I think back to what other precaution I could have taken beyond meeting in a public place.
A few tips are make sure you are not calling a person back on a pay phone number. Ask for a second number. Meet in a place that has security cameras in the parking lot and inside the store. I will now ask that you fax me a copy of your drivers Lic#. Why not I would I have nothing to hide. The dealers do it before letting you go out in a car. Bring a friend and consider meeting in the PD parking lot. Maybe add a kill switch that would only allow the car to get a few mile away and in would die, Thay do sale a device like this already.
Lojack is always a great option. I hope other will add to this list and we can all be a little safer dealing with the unknown.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
craig downs
post Apr 6 2007, 02:26 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 5,189
Region Association: Southern California

OMG Thank god your still alive. You could have easily been shot by those scum bags
Very sorry to know what happen to you
+Quote Post
Gary
post Apr 6 2007, 03:03 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 134
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Damn. Car can be replaced, you can't. Glad you're OK.
+Quote Post
Hammy
post Apr 6 2007, 03:54 AM
Post #4

mr. Wonderful

Member No.: 2,978
Region Association: Northern California

Just not right.
+Quote Post
Heeltoe914
post Apr 6 2007, 04:04 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 5,506

2 am I know I did the right thing but I keep thinking what if I didn't. If I had done anything in a way to scare the guy where would I be? I know the car is the least of my worry I have been truly blessed in my life but this has left a mark on my soul. My loss of sleep is normal I think, Tonight my mind is running in circles.
Thanks for letting me vent here.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
TINCAN914
post Apr 6 2007, 06:51 AM
Post #6

Summer's Commin...

Member No.: 4,611
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

Sorry to hear about this, but you did the right thing. As other have said the car can be replaced, that's what insurance is for. If you made the choice to try and scare them off, you might not have been solucky. I hope the F&*$*@G A-Holes get burned....
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Apr 6 2007, 07:20 AM
Post #7

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Member No.: 43
Region Association: Northstar Region

I know how your feeling now. I had a rental car stolen in DC while I was working assisting with storm claims after hurricane Isabel. It was a saturday after noon on a nice sunny day. I was in a customers home for no more than 5 min. If I'd have come out a minute sooner I may have been confronted with the gun. They got the car, my cell phone, my computer, my personal property and a stack of company checks.
I spent the next two weeks there under more mental stress than I ever experienced. At the end of the day I would really just need to take a nap as I was worn out from the stress. If you can't shake it off find a way to get out of town for a couple of days. Sorry to here about this. I'll post this over in the E34 BBS and the Healey BBS I also frequent.

You'll be ok.
+Quote Post
post Apr 6 2007, 08:22 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 19

L,
Glad to here your ok. My friend had a jetta for sale in San Diego,Some called him to "Make A Appointment" to meet them at there office building,Guess what he was jacked there.We always suspected the car went to Mexico,It was never found.You did the right thing !! Imgaine if that was your "six",What would of you done? I just got Terry a new M3 Vert and told her to watch for any one following her to work/home,You can not drive around a nice car today with out worring about it,Thats too bad !! Again you did the right thing. I really like your garage !!
Take Care,914
+Quote Post
iamchappy
post Apr 6 2007, 08:53 AM
Post #9

It all happens so fast!

Member No.: 1,315
Region Association: Upper MidWest

So sorry to here this Lee, good thing you gave it all up though, we would hate to hear of you being injured or worse during this confrontation.
There are some really bad people out there, there not just in the movies....

Makes one think about one of those GPS car locators installed in your car.
+Quote Post
Gint
post Apr 6 2007, 09:11 AM
Post #10

Mike Ginter

Group: Admin
Member No.: 20
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

Damn Leamon! The car can be replaced. I don't even know what to say. You'll probably get *close* to normal, but...
+Quote Post
Ferg
post Apr 6 2007, 09:11 AM
Post #11

914 Guru

Member No.: 116
Region Association: None

Lee,

Wow, what can I say, I'm glad you are here posting.

I'm not saying this to scare you any further but depending on what's in your glove box, they now have your address ect. Please take the extra measures at your homefront for a while. I'm sure you've already thought of that, but I just needed to state it.

Take care and keep up posted.

Ferg
+Quote Post
73Phoenix20
post Apr 6 2007, 09:14 AM
Post #12

Member No.: 4,283

You are one very lucky Dude!
This day and age, you don't go anywhere without backup, that being at least a Browning 9MM with 14 HP's in the clip, one in the chamber, in a belt holster, and a Walther PPKS .380 in an Uncle Mike's ankle holster.
Oh, you live in a state where it's tough to get a carry permit? Guess what, you have VICTIM tattooed on your forehead! Move to a better state, 'cause the fuzzballs don't seem to have any trouble getting something to carry...

If you're selling and someone wants to meet you, you go with a buddy (who CAN and WILL shoot). He (or she; don't want to sound sexist here!) rotates off to the side, gun out, safety off, under a newspaper, jacket; you pick. You show the car, making sure that you keep the "buyers" between your gunny and your car. Your gunny DOES NOT engage in conversation, look at anything but the potential perp(s), and stays alert for anything unusual. If it looks "odd", cut it off and get out. So the buyer is offended; big f...ing deal. There will be someone along later to buy the car...
If I am showing a vehicle, I disable it by pulling the coil wire. When the buyer shows up, I get out of their way and let them pick the car apart to their hearts content. NO test drives unless I get a very warm and fuzzy feeling about the buyer. And I drive first, then they drive back. If I don't get the feeling, I pack it up and tell them "Thanks for looking". Let them leave first... just stand and wait them out. Then take the "long" way home... and keep an eye on your rear view mirror. Paranoid? Sure... if you don't like it, move to Antarctica... penguins prolly won't pull a gun on you there!
+Quote Post
Allan
post Apr 6 2007, 10:34 AM
Post #13

Teenerless Weenie

Member No.: 2,304

Really bad news dude.

I hope they get caught here in Bakersfield. The pd and sheriffs here have a habit of shooting first... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif)
+Quote Post
So.Cal.914
post Apr 6 2007, 10:46 AM
Post #14

"...And it has a front trunk too."

Member No.: 1,658

Sorry you had to go thru that, but you did it, you did the right thing and you are

alive. That feeling will go away but you may find yourself not putting yourself in

a position like again and with a strange urge to arm yourself, at least I did.
+Quote Post
TravisNeff
post Apr 6 2007, 10:49 AM
Post #15

914 Guru

Member No.: 447
Region Association: Southwest Region

That is a scary incident. Glad you are ok.

Be sure to change the locks on your house, and if you had a garage door remote - address that as well. They know where you live by your registration info and they have your keys. You may need to think about any car key you had on that ring as well.
+Quote Post
Ferg
post Apr 6 2007, 12:28 PM
Post #16

914 Guru

Lee about your episode, hope they find the perps and your car.

Ferg.
+Quote Post
mudfoot76
post Apr 6 2007, 12:52 PM
Post #17

Currently teenerless :-(

Member No.: 1,814

Leamon - I'm very glad that you weren't injured by the perps. Hopefully your car will be recovered and the theives get a good (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sheeplove.gif) while in jail.
+Quote Post
Jenny
post Apr 6 2007, 01:09 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Member No.: 96

While I'm not an advocate of what Sam was proposing, I do hope that one day those guys try to jack someone with a concealed carry permit. And chances are pretty good if they're in SoCal. Clay always says... An armed society is a polite society.

I'm so sorry to hear that this happened to you. I've often imagined what it'd be like to stare down the barrel of a gun. I'd be terrified and probably frozen. I'm glad you came out of it alright.

Jen
+Quote Post
Ferg
post Apr 6 2007, 01:15 PM
Post #19

914 Guru

QUOTE(Jenny @ Apr 6 2007, 11:09 AM) *

While I'm not an advocate of what Sam was proposing, I do hope that one day those guys try to jack someone with a concealed carry permit. And chances are pretty good if they're in SoCal. Clay always says... An armed society is a polite society.

I'm so sorry to hear that this happened to you. I've often imagined what it'd be like to stare down the barrel of a gun. I'd be terrified and probably frozen. I'm glad you came out of it alright.

Jen

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) But I must say it appears in Lee's case they had the drop on him. And armed or not he did the right thing.

Ferg
+Quote Post
Elliot Cannon
post Apr 6 2007, 01:25 PM
Post #20

914 Guru

Group: Retired Members
Member No.: 7,407

Sorry about your trouble Leaman. Glad you're OK. Nothing worse than a thief except a thief with a gun.
Cheers, Elliot
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th May 2024 - 03:56 AM