Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Model Specific Information

914/4: 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 914/6: 70 71 72

> Appearance Group Console Height, ….shorter if car had A/C unit?
swm914
post Apr 10 2007, 07:28 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,484
Region Association: None

Does anyone know if the appearance group console is less in height if a 914 had installed A/C?

Since I bought my '74 2.0 in Dec., I've often wondered that when I see pictures of other 914's w/o A/C. It seems as if the console is taller than mine and there is little or no gap between the top of the console to the dash to accommodate an A/C unit on photos I look at. I stare at mine and it seems shorter with the A/C unit stuck in between the console and then dash.

Where they cut down? Is it my imagination? Do you guys have a "gap" in between the top of the console and the dash on cars w/o an A/C unit?

I don't have access to other 914's to get a close look and compare. I'm trying to compare by pictures etc.

Also, interestingly, I read that historically A/C was dealer installed. Mine has A/C on the original window sticker and there is a factory like sticker on the drivers door that makes reference to A/C. Any thoughts on that? (I've tried my 1st photo add so these may or may not be any good) Thanks
Steve

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 09:28 AM